JIP LN NVSE causing texture problems

TheBlondeEagle

So I have a lightly modded game, fresh install, and I've been having some issues with some textures. The noticeable problems were broken modded body textures, and roads staying default texture. I thought it was an Archive Invalidation problem at first, but it is enabled, and removing JIP LN NVSE makes the textures work. I tried this with several versions of JIP LN NVSE, none of them worked. I use FOMM and tried manually installing JIP LN NVSE, but that didn't seem to work. But yeah, JIP LN NVSE seems to break Archive Invalidation or something.
Also this is my first post sorry if I did something wrong.

JIP adds a costum ini which let's you modify your game without touching original inis. You need to add the lines for Archive Invalidation to the costum ini or delete the costum ini

M48A5, on 31 May 2020 - 01:04 AM, said:

Every time you make any change to any texture, you must toggle (turn off/turn on) Archive Invalidation.

It is also not necessary to always toggle Archive Invalidation when making changes to textures, any modern mod manager implements AI in a way that makes this redundant, please stop spreading this information.

Edited by AusAllerWelt

Sorry, but (with respect) I have to argue with you on that last point. Enough people have problems just determining if their manager HAS AI included to warrant caution regarding whether or not it "auto toggles". Toggling isn't the be-all-and-end-all solution, but it is a safe first step for the majority of problems. Not everyone favors the "modern" managers, and unless you are going to spell out exactly which ones have "auto toggling", that assumption is problematic. (And after 6 years of dealing with these questions on a daily basis, this is the first I've heard that ANY have such a feature. But as I stick with Wrye Bash/Flash and FOMM, that isn't surprising either. I try to be neutral about people's choice of manager. "Modern" is such a relative term.)

Please be careful about advising people to ignore broad solutions that aren't needed for only a few situations. It's much easier to lose knowledge than it is to gain it.

-Dubious-

JIP adds a costum ini which let's you modify your game without touching original inis. You need to add the lines for Archive Invalidation to the costum ini or delete the costum ini

M48A5, on 31 May 2020 - 01:04 AM, said:

Every time you make any change to any texture, you must toggle (turn off/turn on) Archive Invalidation.

It is also not necessary to always toggle Archive Invalidation when making changes to textures, any modern mod manager implements AI in a way that makes this redundant, please stop spreading this information.

It is absolutely necessary to toggle Archive Invalidation when using NMM or FOMM.

Not everyone has gotten onboard the newest and latest mess that is VORTEX.

Edited by M48A5

I'm not using Vortex either, I still use NMM. You need to toggle Archive Invalidation once and then never again unless something changes with your ini files. The way this works is that a blank BSA is created that is loaded before all other BSAs, hence invalidating those files by reading loose textures first. I'm not making this up, this is simply the truth. Yes, toggling AI can resolve issues but it is not necessary to be switched off and on again after every mod that has been installed, that is how it worked way back when AI was done in a different way but it's not being done like that anymore. Basically any Mod Manager that has an option for Archive Invalidation makes this obsolete, that is what I mean with modern.

Edited by AusAllerWelt

I totally agree with both M48A5 - and their comment:

Not everyone has gotten onboard the newest and latest mess that is VORTEX.

And AusAllerWelt - and his thoughts.

See:

Vortex is just not that all user friendly or smooth yet.

So ya, We do need to use Archive Invalidation for the many many of us that us NMM! :dry:

Did you not read what I wrote? I use NMM myself, and it does Archive Invalidation the same way Vortex does it. Archive Invalidation is ALWAYS required when you want to use files that are not packed into a BSA. But it is not necessary to deactivate and activate AI every time you install a mod, because the method that is pretty much exlusively used nowadays does not require you to do so.

Edited by AusAllerWelt

what Ini file is refereed to here ?

From the JIP LN NVSE description page:

FalloutCustom.ini may now be created in the game's user folder (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV). Setting entries included in this file will overwrite the values defined in either Fallout.ini or FalloutPrefs.ini. This allows modifying the game's configuration files without actually editing them. This also ensures any INI tweaks will persist and will not be reset/discarded by a mod organizer or the default launcher.

-Dubious-