Echo Lake Lumber issue

7 replies to this topic

computertech82

computertech82

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I'm trying to get echo lake lumber to be a settlement. Finished  Rite of Passage but bertha will not give the quest. And avery is dead. Is there a command that will enable the settlement? 

0300aec3 is the quest id, but I can't get it to start. completequest 0300aec3 will complete, but not really. doesn't show completed.

Edited by computertech82, 31 May 2020 - 09:00 PM.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Have you done the captains dance quest?

computertech82

computertech82

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Have you done the captains dance quest?

Right of passage is the 'captains dance'. 

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Ok. According to theory, you can claim the settlement with or without the quest. You need to "win the trust of the residents" of Far Harbor for Little Bertha to offer the quest. (which I always thought doing "Rite of Passage" would deal with....) Have you done any quests for the lady fixing the wall? Or the revenge quests for the old lady at the table near the water? (can't remember her name.....)

computertech82

computertech82

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

In order to get "Rite of Passage" quest, you are REQUIRED to do the other quest FIRST for far harbor people (the mariner , old lady, etc).  If you look at the first post, bertha is SUPPOSE to give the quest AFTER Rite of Passage. But that quest REQUIRES avery to be alive, and she is dead. So the quest will not start. 

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

HHhmmmm.... wonder what beths reasoning there was..... I don't recall Avery being involved in that quest at all. (but, it's been a while, and I may be missing something.)

Handy6373

Handy6373

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

The only things I know to try would be "resurrrect"  (or player.placeatme ??)Avery and try talking to her and see if it triggers it or use console command(I don't recall what it was) to force it as a settlement. I did use the console to allow me to use a settlement but it wasn't 100% functional. I could build there but the trade dialog with the settlers didn't work and I had to use other methods to equip them with armor and weapons. 

computertech82

computertech82

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I have to do a load from a previous game, losing a few hours but with avery alive. Finished rite of passage, and automatically got the quest:   

Seems if you want the settlement do NOT kill avery until after these quest.

Reply to this topic

Page loaded in: 0.927 seconds