Low Intensity Visual Upgrades

Ashore

I'm looking for recommendations-- any visual enhancement mods that aren't too taxing. For reference, my settings are at 720p and Medium detail w/ anti-aliasing turned off.

I have plenty of miscellaneous content & gameplay-altering mods installed, but the only (major) visual enhancements I have are Osmodius' "SSE Texture Pack" and Vurt's "Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE." I have no clue which ENBs I might be able to run, or if there are any other enhancements I might be able to make.

My game doesn't run perfectly with the Texture Pack and Flora Overhaul enabled, but very close to it. There is minimal lag.

saturation boost perhaps. or maybe Imaginator. Then first provides a static boost to saturation levels. The second allows you to adjust contrast, brightness, saturation, and other "environment" visual behaviors. In fact, I highly recommend imaginator. great mod., low overhead.

saturation boost perhaps. or maybe Imaginator. Then first provides a static boost to saturation levels. The second allows you to adjust contrast, brightness, saturation, and other "environment" visual behaviors. In fact, I highly recommend imaginator. great mod., low overhead.

That's actually quite nice. It's impressive how much of a difference small filters can make.

again I'd recommend the latter suggestion (Imaginator) . Saturation Boost is ok, but I only installed it because I couldn't find a mod at the time to change visual characteristics: Saturation contrast, brightness, etc) without going "full ENB"... (and even then, the changes are almost completely dictated by someone else, on some other monitor, using some other graphics card, etc) in fact, now that I mention it,, it's still in my load list (along with Imaginator, which I use off and on to tweak it more to my liking). time to recover a slot!

I hope it helps.

oh I failed to provide a link:

Imaginator - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4577

again I'd recommend the latter suggestion (Immaginator) . Saturation Boost is ok, but I only installed it because I couldn't find a mod at the time to change visual characteristics without going "full ENB"... in fact, now that I mention it,, it's still in my load list (along with Immaginator, which I use off and on to tweak it more to my liking). time to recover a slot!

Oh! I should have clarified-- I meant Imaginator, I applied two of the presets. Didn't use Saturation Boost.

Edited by Ashore

Glad you find it to your liking. It really does make a big difference if you can tune the visuals to what you have to render them with. and at low cost. I'm frankly surprised at how unknown/unpopular it still is after all the time it's apparently been on Nexus and given its purpose..

Glad you find it to your liking. It really does make a big difference if you can tune the visuals to what you have to render them with. and at low cost. I'm frankly surprised at how unknown/unpopular it still is after all the time it's apparently been on Nexus and given its purpose..

I've only been here a little while, but I've noticed that with a few really nice mods. Staff of Shalidor, Thane Weapons Reborn, Realm of Lorkhan. Even bigger ones like Project AHO and Arcanum; they do have some attention, but I would expect more.

Maybe it's because this is Special Edition.

If you're going to do AHO, do it before you get a bevy of followers or it can CTD on start. You cannot have an active follower when starting it (I've never been able to start it due to some parasitic follower dog I got while wandering early on, that I've never figured out how to purge.)

hmm, or maybe they've fixed that...(time for me to go check, I'm getting bored taking out bandit camps and clearing the occasional drop of draughur lords , wolves, trolls, etc. I have found some quests to do, thanks to some suggestions from the community, but that *is* one I wanted to do)

PS> perhaps you're right there. It *does seem that there's a large group of skyrim players who for whatever reasons (I don't care really, their game their choice, no matter how justified or not), just won't migrate to SE

If you're going to do AHO, do it before you get a bevy of followers or it can CTD on start. You cannot have an active follower when starting it (I've never been able to start it due to some parasitic follower dog I got while wandering early on, that I've never figured out how to purge.)

hmm, or maybe they've fixed that...(time for me to go check, I'm getting bored taking out bandit camps and clearing the occasional drop of draughur lords , wolves, trolls, etc. I have found some quests to do, thanks to some suggestions from the community, but that *is* one I wanted to do)

PS> perhaps you're right there. It *does seem that there's a large group of skyrim players who for whatever reasons (I don't care really, their game their choice, no matter how justified or not), just won't migrate to SE

Oh? It's been a while since I've gotten deep into the game, and I'm trying to mod it as heavily as I can get away with before starting again. Can you not dismiss dog followers?

Also, my only guess is that a) they've become disenfranchised with Bethesda and don't want to give them money (which I wouldn't blame them for), or b) there are a lot of LE exclusive mods they don't want to give up.

Edited by Ashore

It's not so much whether you can or not, I'm simply suggesting that it's possible to acquire a follower that for whatever reason can't be unfollowed. In the case of "my dog" I met him in the forest between Markarth and Falreath, and he got latched on by some method that didn't include me asking. (definitely a follower btw, he included "let's talk about home" and and a couple other commands, but as I recall no "dismiss") Last time I saw him was in some ruins where he vanished, and I've never seen him since. ( I searched the ruins extensively before I finally gave up and left the cell)

maybe (besthesda) idk. I'm not a gamer per say, and I'm old enough to be most "gamers" father or even grandfather, so I'm not in on the culture.