Purge mods from instance that no longer exists

EndOfEvil

I got Vortex again after a long time of not using it, and when I attempt to install/remove mods again, it tells me "This game was modded by another instance of Vortex." and that I have to purge the mods. The problem is that the instance in question doesn't exist anymore. The entire account the instance was created on was deleted even. When attempting to purge the mods from my own instance, I need to give permission for every single file. Which would be fine if it wasn't roughly 100 separate mods, each with dozens or hundreds of files themselves. I tried using an auto clicker to give permission for every file, which still took roughly 30 minutes, and this worked at first. The problem is that after each of those files are individually approved, I then have to manually approve every single one again through the administrator approval pop-up, which isn't affected by the auto-clicker. And the default selection for these is always "No" so I can't just hold enter to auto approve every single file. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried uninstalling Vortex and deleting the %AppData% folder as well as all other semi related files as well as uninstalling Skyrim and deleting all of it's files. There was nothing left on my computer related to either Vortex or Skyrim, and it should have no way of knowing a prior instance even existed, but I still can't get it to work.

It sounds like when you removed the first instance of vortex, you never purged or uninstalled the mods that were installed with it.

The quickest way to do it would be to delete your game DATA folder, uninstall Vortex, find any vortex folder on your C:\ drive and delete it

I hope you didn't delete the entire appdata folder, and you only deleted the Vortex folder in it.

It sounds like when you removed the first instance of vortex, you never purged or uninstalled the mods that were installed with it.

The quickest way to do it would be to delete your game DATA folder, uninstall Vortex, find any vortex folder on your C:\ drive and delete it

I hope you didn't delete the entire appdata folder, and you only deleted the Vortex folder in it.

I deleted all relevant folders from every area of my computer. Anything that had to do with vortex or Skyrim was completely removed before I tried again. I said as much in the original question. No I didn't delete the entire appdata folder, just the vortex one in it.

• 1 year later...
Guest deleted34304850

the profile on my pc corrupted so i had to make a new one, i deleted the old profile and all its files with it, but vortex won't let me deploy without purging the old mods, from a instance

that doesn't exist

nothing to do with the OP, don't necro old threads and "me too" them, start a new thread.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/