Thank you rioters...

MrJoseCuervo

Since the law doesn't prevent the psychopaths from owning a firearm a lot of massacres like the school ones are committed using legally bought weapons but it's just an anecdote.^^

Actually, there are laws on the books that SHOULD prevent exactly that. However, due to various other laws that are in place, doctors CAN'T inform any government agency that their patient shouldn't be allowed to own weapons. Patients tend to sue over privacy concerns, and that whole 'doctor/patient privilege' thing.

So far, I have been unable to find any statistics on how many of those legally purchased weapons, were in the hands of someone that SHOULDN'T have been able to have one. (the newtown shooter being right at the top of that list. His MOM bought it for him......) The new york shooter a couple years back had his girlfriend buy his. (he was a convicted felon, not too long out of prison...... so, shouldn't have had a weapon either.) The two california shooters (also several years back) did indeed legally purchase their weapons, and then applied modifications that made them patently illegal. (in california......)

And then we have the whole "not telling the right people" that someone shouldn't be able to purchase firearms..... (the guy that was discharged from the airforce for mental issues, and the AF never bothered to inform anyone about it.)

Now, the Vegas shooter...... No criminal history, no history of mental issues, yet he still holds the record for number of dead. (in the US.....) Of course, we have the conspiracy theorists claiming he was a patsy..... but, there is zero proof of that.... and interest in that evaporated fairly quickly. (at least, in the public eye.)

And then we have the fact that mass shooting deaths are a VERY tiny percentage of all firearm deaths....... More than half are suicides, of the rest, most are gang related, and handguns are the primary weapon. Long guns in general, which includes 'assault rifles', account for around 3% of all firearm deaths. The 'assault rifles' are a tiny subset of the 'long guns' category. Banning them will have zero effect on murder rate.

I'm all for more weapons in the us. Let that God forsaken loveless place tear itself apart from the inside. Most of you are going to hell, I'm 100% sure of it. You are heretics who worships power and money.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the law doesn't prevent the psychopaths from owning a firearm a lot of massacres like the school ones are committed using legally bought weapons but it's just an anecdote.^^

Actually, there are laws on the books that SHOULD prevent exactly that. However, due to various other laws that are in place, doctors CAN'T inform any government agency that their patient shouldn't be allowed to own weapons. Patients tend to sue over privacy concerns, and that whole 'doctor/patient privilege' thing.

So far, I have been unable to find any statistics on how many of those legally purchased weapons, were in the hands of someone that SHOULDN'T have been able to have one. (the newtown shooter being right at the top of that list. His MOM bought it for him......) The new york shooter a couple years back had his girlfriend buy his. (he was a convicted felon, not too long out of prison...... so, shouldn't have had a weapon either.) The two california shooters (also several years back) did indeed legally purchase their weapons, and then applied modifications that made them patently illegal. (in california......)

And then we have the whole "not telling the right people" that someone shouldn't be able to purchase firearms..... (the guy that was discharged from the airforce for mental issues, and the AF never bothered to inform anyone about it.)

Now, the Vegas shooter...... No criminal history, no history of mental issues, yet he still holds the record for number of dead. (in the US.....) Of course, we have the conspiracy theorists claiming he was a patsy..... but, there is zero proof of that.... and interest in that evaporated fairly quickly. (at least, in the public eye.)

And then we have the fact that mass shooting deaths are a VERY tiny percentage of all firearm deaths....... More than half are suicides, of the rest, most are gang related, and handguns are the primary weapon. Long guns in general, which includes 'assault rifles', account for around 3% of all firearm deaths. The 'assault rifles' are a tiny subset of the 'long guns' category. Banning them will have zero effect on murder rate.

I'm all for more weapons in the us. Let that God forsaken loveless place tear itself apart from the inside. Most of you are going to hell, I'm 100% sure of it. You are heretics who worships power and money.

Me too. I am a firm believer in An armed society, is a polite society. Guns don't automatically mean crime. I would point out, that the cities with the highest murder rate, are uniformly democrat run, with severe restrictions on gun ownership.

And we are quite happy that you DON'T live here. We hope you don't come for a visit either. We have too many left wing-nuts as it is.

Me too. I am a firm believer in An armed society, is a polite society. Guns don't automatically mean crime. I would point out, that the cities with the highest murder rate, are uniformly democrat run, with severe restrictions on gun ownership.

And we are quite happy that you DON'T live here. We hope you don't come for a visit either. We have too many left wing-nuts as it is.

Don't be too harsh. I was once a rebel without a clue... With age comes wisdom..if it doesn't you will have a frustrating existence.

Don't be too harsh. I was once a rebel without a clue... With age comes wisdom..if it doesn't you will have a frustrating existence.

I bought several clues when they were on sale at Meijers. The ones I got from Wal-Mart were made in china, and were essentially worthless.

And yes, I AM 'old'...... But, I live out in the country, with no really large cities nearby, so, seeing trucks with gun racks with actual guns in them, isn't unusual. Though a lot rarer that it used to be....... Society was a LOT different when I grew up, and I really don't care for the direction it has been going of late. (last couple decades or so.....) So I associate 'armed', with 'safer'.

Edited by HeyYou