Okay to share old version of mod that got replaced by new version?

beebophuckleberry

Hi all. A mod was updated today and the older version was removed from the site. You can not get the older version unless you already have it.

I have it.

Someone sent me a PM through Nexus asking if I could send it to them. I figure it's harmless and I was about to send a File Dropper link, but then I thought it best to check here first to see what staff say. Although I believe it's harmless, I don't know if it's breaking a rule. I'm not trying to break a rule and get banned just to help someone get a version of a mod that was removed today. They want the last version because they are trying to follow a mod list and the version I have is part of that mod list, but of course they can't get that version anymore since today. I think they called the mod list Wabbajack.

I dunno what Wabbajack is but I'd like to help them if it's not against the rules. Is it okay to share a version that is no longer available of a mod that is currently active? <----I hope that makes sense :)

Thanks in advance.

Most definitely not, and you can be banned if you do.
It's breaking a LOT of the site rules, and Permission rules posted on every mod page.

If the mod author doesn't have the older version of the mod on their page, then it's because they don't want the old versions distributed, either due to bugs, or other questionable practices that require them to use a particular older version of a mod because "reasons"

@beebophuckleberry; While @HadToRegister is basically correct regarding re-distributing others' mods here, there is something you might try: Ask the mod author for permission. S/he might say yes. :yes: