Skyrim Crashing 1 hour In To Playing

johnanderton2002

So I recently decided to get back in to Skyrim, as it was my 18th birthday a few days ago i decided to buy a new gaming laptop so that i could get the game and be able to mod it. I stopped modding when i was around 13-14 so I practically forgot EVERYTHING about modding especially with the new "Vortex" and Special eddition, along with the new SSEdit. I've spent the last few days just trying to clean the game up, installing mods, watching endless tutorials etc and nothing seems to be fixing my issue which is that after about a hour or so of gameplay the game just crashes to desktop. I don'y know if it's my computer specs or if it's the mods not properly working but I was really hoping someone could help me out.

My computer is the MSI GL65 Leopard 10SER-011UK, FHD, IPS, 120Hz, i7 10750H, 8GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe, 6GB RTX 2060, Win10 Home which my brother recommended and with the game being so old I assume this would easily be able to run it with mods? especially since my old computer from around 5 years ago never had this issue.

I'd also like to note that when running SSEdit to clean the DLC a large amount of the files don't clean properly. I understand this is normal for the dawnguard DLC and that there's tutorials on how to fix this however my SSEdit is showing way more problems than what the tutorials are showing how to fix. For example
Magic Effect
Perk
Quest
Race etc
This is after running the quick auto clean. I don't want remove them incase it messes my game up?

I also don't know if the above is even the reason for the game crashing I've just heard that the games "dirty files" are usually the cause for this.

The mods I'm using are as follows

Enhanced Blood Textures
Unnofical Skyrim Patch
Alternative start - live another life
SkyHUD
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
Brows - Hvergelmir's Aesthetics
Realistic water Two
Climates of Tamriel
RSSE Chilren overhaul
Calientes Beautiful Bodies
Immersive Armors
Hourse Armos
Achievements Unlocked for SSE
A quality world map - paper
Skysight Skin HD With Real Feet Meshes
Lore Friendly Armors
Static Mesh Improvement Mod SMIM
UFO - ultimate followed overhaul
Immersive HUD
The Eyes Of Beauty
DYNAVISION
Immersive Weapons
RaceMenu
AmidianBorn - armors
AmidianBorn - creautures
AmidianBorn - Dragonborn DLC
AmidianBorn - Uniquie Items
AmidianBorn - Weapons
Ponytail Hairstyle
Skyrim Beautful Followers

(I'm also using SKSE64 and using it's feauture to sort through my load order) as you can probaly tell im a complete noob so any help would be appreciated :sad: Thank u !

Edited by johnanderton2002

Assume nothing. the game may be old, but mods make it "thicker" than the simple vanilla game, and fact is, a recommended PC for it today (presuming you'll be installing interesting mods that provide enriched visuals, enriched questing, etc) is on par with a contemporary ~2019-2020 SOA computer system, not an SOA computer from 2012.

When you begin installing mods, I would very strongly recommend that you do so in a slow steady way, checking the game's operation between each installation. That is, install a mod, open game, make sure it's ok, close game, install next, check game operation, etc etc.... Too many people try installing a dozen or two dozen or more mods in quick succession without doing so, and then they come here flailing their arms (figuratively) and asking for help to fix their now broken game. It's not an exception, one can basically predict that doing so will lead to problems.

Also make darned sure you've installed any "dependencies" (see the requirements tab of a given mod page for what it requires, ie, dependencies) a mod requires before installing it.

Assume nothing. the game may be old, but mods make it "thicker" than the simple vanilla game, and fact is, a recommended PC for it today (presuming you'll be installing interesting mods that provide enriched visuals, enriched questing, etc) is on par with a contemporary ~2019-2020 SOA computer system, not an SOA computer from 2012.

When you begin installing mods, I would very strongly recommend that you do so in a slow steady way, checking the game's operation between each installation. That is, install a mod, open game, make sure it's ok, close game, install next, check game operation, etc etc.... Too many people try installing a dozen or two dozen or more mods in quick succession without doing so, and then they come here flailing their arms (figuratively) and asking for help to fix their now broken game. It's not an exception, one can basically predict that doing so will lead to problems.

Also make darned sure you've installed any "dependencies" (see the requirements tab of a given mod page for what it requires, ie, dependencies) a mod requires before installing it.

Okay thank you. Everything just seems so different since I last played :confused:

Question -

Did you try starting a game w/out any of the mods to see if the game works within 1 + / - ????

Played the game for around a hour and half and then it crashed as I was about to Fus Ro Dah a whiterun guard.

Okay, so let me make sure here:

When you started the game - was restart w/out any mods, or did you just disable the mods and play?

Question -

Did you try starting a game w/out any of the mods to see if the game works within 1 + / - ????

Played the game for around a hour and half and then it crashed as I was about to Fus Ro Dah a whiterun guard.

Okay, so let me make sure here:

When you started the game - was restart w/out any mods, or did you just disable the mods and play?

I assumed they there completely uninstalled as I reinstalled the game about a hour ago but I just checked vortex and it's appearing their just disabled. Should I remove them all from my vortex and try again?

Since you just started, yeah, delete everything and start over.

Then add mods one or two at a time and play them for a couple of real world hours rather than shotgun loading a bunch, that way if you start having conflicts it’s a lot easier to find out what mod is causing it, just like Anjenthedog suggested.

Be sure the mod you downloaded was either made for or ported for SSE, some old rim mods will work, others won’t.

One thing I noticed with my games is any mods done around/change the Whiterun area seem to cause more problems than anywhere else in the game, might just be me, but I think it also has to do with how much of the game is scripted around that area.

Edited to add

I see you’re using a few mods that change the topographic visuals, those might be clashing.

Also, with the mods you downloaded, did you make sure to also download all the additional requirements for each?

Edited by Gunslinger808

Since you just started, yeah, delete everything and start over.

Then add mods one or two at a time and play them for a couple of real world hours rather than shotgun loading a bunch, that way if you start having conflicts it’s a lot easier to find out what mod is causing it, just like Anjenthedog suggested.

Be sure the mod you downloaded was either made for or ported for SSE, some old rim mods will work, others won’t.

One thing I noticed with my games is any mods done around/change the Whiterun area seem to cause more problems than anywhere else in the game, might just be me, but I think it also has to do with how much of the game is scripted around that area.

Edited to add

I see you’re using a few mods that change the topographic visuals, those might be clashing.

Also, with the mods you downloaded, did you make sure to also download all the additional requirements for each?

Okay I'll try that. Thank u sm for the advice!