The Black Mill - Hasib?

1maxkillen

I am just starting out in The Black Mill quest. I am looking for Hasib. I went from Ebonheart to Caldera Mansion and now I am in the Caldera Ebony Mine. I have been through the New Mine, the Slaves houses, and the Office; but no Hasib. I tried the door to the "Old Mine" but it is locked tighter than a drum. I think Hasib is in there; but I searched all over for a way in. The windmill behind it doesn't appear to do anything...so I'm kind of stuck. I've always wanted to play The Black Mill and I would hate to quit at the very beginning.

Do I need a special spell to open the Old Mill door; or a key. I have looked a over the mine encampment and can't find anything or anyone to help me. What do I need to do.

Thanks

try this in the game console:
GetJournalIndex 00amra

if it is < 10, probably you did not follow all the quest steps, you need to talk with Sir Amra first
Old mods often do not enforce you to follow easy steps, probably a walkthrough could help

Thanks for the hint abot. I have been playing Morrowind since it first came out, 18 years ago. At 75 years of age, you would think I have learned the simple basic rule of doing quests: Read ALL of the dialog in every quest. I talked to Sir Amra before going to the mine; but I didn't TALK to Sir Amra completely. I revisited him, and sure enough, he had more to say. After that I went back to the mine and the Old Mine door was unlocked. I never played this mod before and I had heard that it was pretty good. I must learn patience.

Thanks again, abot