Need a little help from the pro's

What is the best way or the current way of adding mods with only installing mods manually (no direct internet connection). I have fomm vortex nmm and so on all current versions. I have a lot of mods dld already. Just looking for advice in the process so I am doing it right. Also which way is the best for merging mods xedit or fo3plugin.executable jar file classified as a plug-in utility for merging esp files. Plus anything else you want to add would be helpful and appreciated.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a little trouble understanding your question. There is installing mods manually or using a mod manager.

There is no manual mod installation using a mod manager.

You either install the mod files yourself (manual installation) or you use a mod manager. For Fallout 3, the best bet is still FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager).

If you want a game that will run, do no use LOOT to sort your load order.

Ok did not know that about the mgr's And for loot I do have it but haven't used it.

I have seen posts about how many mods can be used at a time. And was trying to merge them to lower the number of mods. Would be the first question.

The next would be how to mod mods so that esm and bsa in the master list don't conflict by name when merged.

What is the best way or the current way of adding mods with only installing mods manually (no direct internet connection). I have fomm vortex nmm and so on all current versions. I have a lot of mods dld already. Just looking for advice in the process so I am doing it right. Also which way is the best for merging mods xedit or fo3plugin.executable jar file classified as a plug-in utility for merging esp files. Plus anything else you want to add would be helpful and appreciated.

A lot depends on what type of environment you want.

1. A default Environment uses the games Data folder where all files get installed at.
  2. A modding custom environment where you can make changes to the mods install requires a virtual files system of some sort.
  3. A development Environment requires a huge amount of disc space. A simple plugin can exceed 24 gigs.

For example, the fallout 4 game and 1 mod setup for developing the code for that mod is this big.

Fallout-4-Dev-build.jpg

For something much more simpler? can appear like this:

modding-custom-environment.jpg

Since the advent of Mod Organiser, I haven't seen any reason to deposit mods and materials into the default location of the game but some still do that, In either sense, Fomm IS listed in my spoiler tag under Fallout series.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

Size doesn't matter. Just trying to lower the number of mods by merging them(not patches). So there is less chance of problems. So if I had 10 merged to 1 and so on. But when critical happen what is the best way to fix that. Plus how do you remove a master list entree so it foucs on the new merged esp?

Size doesn't matter. Just trying to lower the number of mods by merging them(not patches). So there is less chance of problems. So if I had 10 merged to 1 and so on. But when critical happen what is the best way to fix that. Plus how do you remove a master list entree so it foucs on the new merged esp?

There are choices, you can be taught one on one By me.

You can attempt on your own by watching and testing on your own.

You can download the appropriate software that does exactly what you just asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GdoKbDfleg

https://github.com/z-edit/zedit/releases/download/0.6.5/zEdit_v0.6.5_-_Portable_x64.7z

You need to know first hand the proper procedure's required for Pristine Merges to accomplish the task you want.

There is of course a consideration of patches from one mod to the next----something you will learn to avoid.

Any mod that has more than 1 plugin for it requires that you merge those as set's or groups.

example's are MMM, FWE, Fook 2, Enhanced weathers', Dynamic weathers, URWL, and so on.

Lay out a plan. Consider the load order prior to each selections, Always use FOMM this version (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991?tab=files&file_id=1000018736)to sort the mods based on choices you make.

You Just can't upload these as a mod, you Can only do this for personal use. in that, skies the limit.

When doing this, the whole aspect of the layout's change. You can no longer assume mods and designs and application remain the same. This is no longer the ideas from Original thoughts and assumptions from the start.

1. FOSE in this case designed mods will break the code so Isolate the types.
  2. xml driven mods are another group.
  3. IO / hud mods, all 1 group.
  4. armor mods.
  5. weapon mods and types.
  6. patches for each type of group.
  7. sloppy verses - Pristine.
  8. Processes involved in the code being set up and written to properly.

it.s no small feat, requires a lot of time to get acquainted with failures verses successful out comes..

What NOT - TO-Merge. is just as important too.

I have plenty of time if you want to do 1on1 teaching. Are you wanting to chat here or other way.

I'll send you an invite as soon as I can get away, tied up with another person at the moment.