DAI Mod Manager not saving changes I make in the menus?

AllegoricSiren

So I'm trying to use Svarty's mods and I spent a long time configuring them only to save and try merging to find that literally nothing saved lol. I tried moving mods in my mod order too but once I quit the mod manager and open it back up everything reverted to how it was before the changes. None of the configure settings I set stay or anything after I close DAI Mod manager.

So to clarify, when I configure, save then open the configure menu back up, everything is still how I edited it. When I merge and close the mod manager then open it back up, all of the configurable settings on the mods are the default. Beyond that, disabling mods doesn't save either and again, reordering doesn't work either. After merging it says it was successful but when I hit close the merge menu is the only thing that closes and the DAI Mod manager I have to click either the X or cancel to close. that's the only thing that might be a problem that I can think of? All of my mods load in my game no problem, I just cant configure or edit anything in the menus.

Once you've merged your mods, dai mod manager doesn't really keep a record of what's enabled and what's disabled, or at least, not in the actual mod list that you see when you open it up. Cross marks next to a mod indicate that it will be enabled when you next merge, and empty boxes with no cross marks indicate the mod will not be enabled when you next merge, but I believe DAIMM's normal behaviour after closing is to just show all the mods with a cross mark next to them, regardless of whether you currently have these mods enabled or not.

So that's just how it is for that. RE configurable mods, I've only ever used one so I could be wrong but as far as I know, configurable mods settings reset to default every time you remerge your mods. The only solution I have seen myself for this was to actually manually open the mod with notepad++ and type in your desired values and then save the document and it will always remember that until you change it again. But Idk how you would translate doing this for other mods because I only did this with the eye colour configuration mod which will obviously not have the same exact coding as with other configurable mods.

However somebody who knows about configurable mods may be able to correct me.

Edited by Dmitrias