[LE] Dialogue quest for NPC with no dialogue

I'm making a mod, and one of the things I want to do is milk cows. I figured the easiest way to do this was to use a dialogue option. I figured wrong. Can someone please tell me what is wrong here?

Here's what I did:

1. Modified the CowRace to allow Player Dialogue

HNvQ3Eb.png

2. Added a quest...

eMjYRTc.png

3. Added a Dialogue Branch:

KJm8U5E.png

4. Added a Dialogue Topic:

Bv55p3s.png

5. With a response:

R0NRTjo.png

When I talk to the cow, nothing happens. That is to say I have the activation pop-up ([E] Talk - Cow) but I don't get any dialogue options. i.e. nothing happens when I press E. I will note that I did generate a SEQ file for this mod, and the property is properly assigned on the quest fragment.

I've never done a dialogue quest before, so I may have left something major out. Any advice is welcome.

Cheers!

~GKX

A) You need to record him some dialogue, even if it's an empty wav, the amount of time that the recording will play that's the amount of the respond / dialogue will appear on screen, if you don't it wil still appear but very fast, in miliseconds.

B) All dialogues needs a SEQ file otherwise it will not fire, even if the dialogue is empty.

I hope it helps.

As your not interested in the timings of the respose, just double click on "moo" to go into the Dialogue window and click on save. The CK will create and save a dummy wav and lip file for you.

So... I've done everything suggested here, even to the point of deleting the quest and dialogue stuff in TES5Edit and rebuilding it from scratch. I even tried to run it with just this mod loaded... still no dice..

Maybe it's something I missed in either the EncCow Actor window, or the CowRace form?

~GKX