Everyday rpg

Fishystick

Hey there, this isn't really a rp thread, or actually, it is, but it ain't a normal rp where you run around killing things all the time, this is a thread about everyday life, you know, visiting your grandma and stuff like that, if your character has a grandma, that is.

Character info

I'm not going to ask any real info about your character, except the following:

Gender of your character, AKA sex of your character.

Race of your character, it's the ordinary races from morrowind and I thought I would add Dwarves, so it's ok to be a small man with an axe.

Class of your character, simply tell me if you'r a mage, a swordsman, a ranger with a bow, or whatever you choose.

That's it, more info will hopefully come out during the adventure.

Scenery and getting into the game

Now, this takes place in the some world wich I'm not sure of yet, but I will update this post, believe me, starting outside the stinking barfly tavern, I only have to figure out where the tavern is located.. and if you want to join, simply post here and I will figure out a way to get you into playing, this thread starts with a journey from the tavern to my character's(Élsúch) hometown, and with me I brought Chunky Moose's character Has-Big-Axe. i'll update this post as soon as we decide about it, feel free to help(anyone knows if the tavern is placed in the morrowind world?). it it turns out that it doesn't fit to play in that world, or it is illegal to use that scene, then I will change it and make a new one up myself, but the rules I stated still apply. If you want to join the adventure, then I, or we, will figure out a way to meet up with your character during the adventure.

Rules, what is nono, and what is ok?

Power-posing.

No power-posing is allowed, for those who ahve no clue about what powerposing is, it is when your character manages to do exactly everything by himself/herself, to state an example; Fred picks up his über bow of über powers and kills 25 giants with a single shot, after that, he uses magic to destroy the biggest town ever, bigtown(I'm not good at making up names), that causes everybody to think he's a god. Now THAT is powerposing, none of that, please.

Keep to your class.

If you choose to be a Dwarf with an axe, then keep being a dwarf with an axe all the time. Everybody knows that Dwarves with huge strength aren't fitted to use magic, right?

Don't own your buddies, wouldya?

Ok if you're an assassin, but don't simply type tha you killed someone and nobody saw it, that is also powerposing.

Don't destroy the feeling by being rude and saying that you hate everyone, please.

I'm going to go read the rules three times over and over, just to make sure I'm not braking them and then I'll come back to edit this post to give you the full info about it. Simply sign up here, post the info I required, and you're in the game!

BTW, if any admin reads this, tell me if I'm breaking any rules that I haven't noticed yet, and I'm going to change everything that's not ok. Well I'm off to read me some rules.

Edit:Ok then, I noticed that I "forgot" to put up any real rules, so I'll do that. Now I'll go check the rules again and again.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has-Big-Axe went to the barman and asked for a tablecloth. The burly barkeep laughed in his face, "Tablecloth? Why do you want a la-di-da tablecloth? Hahaha." Has-Big-Axe, in no mood for the barman's jesting stormed upstairs and broke down one of the doors to a room with his axe. He went inside, grabbed a bedsheet and wrapped it around the cursed staff. He returned downstairs and said to Elsuch,

"Let's go"

"Now let me think for a moment, it was a long time since I left this tavern to leave for home, and I might have some problems to remember the way..." Élsúch mumbled, looking around in every direction. He walked a few steps towards the north, then he changed his mind and walked to the south. "Damnit, I can't remember.. let's walk towards the woods, then I might remember a bit more" he said and walked towards a bunch of trees.

It took him a few minutes to figure out why the forest was so small, he then whispered something to himself and thought for a few more minutes. "That's right! This way, come on!" he shouted to his friend, and quickly walked towards the real forest. "This way must be the correct way", he told himself while looking closely at every tree he passed. "These trees remind me of the one's I can remember from home, we're just a few days march from there. Now, let's hurry up."

They hurried through the forest and Élsúch kept his eyes on the trees so that he wouldn't lead them in the wrong direction, he could almost smell the spot where his brother had once taught him to use a bow, althoguh it was still a few days away. "If we can keep up a good speed, this trip shouldn't take more then two, maybe three days" he told his friend while jumping over fallen trees and rocks.

OOC:I'm sorry for double posting, but I need to tell you, and I didn't want to make the last post five miles long, it won't happen again, I promise. The reason I'm posting again is that I'm going to Finland tomorrow and I'll be there for 2 maybe 3 weeks, be back later. If anyone signs up, make sure they get into the rp and play it nice.

IC:"Damn, I just remembered, I have to go by myself, there aren't many strangers in my hometown, and that is because there aren't many people who like strangers.." Élsúch told Has-Big-Axe and watched him in the dark night. "I'll go visit my family, then I'll meet up with you right.." he pulled out a map of the area they were standing in and its surroundings and marked a spot with the edge of an arrow, "right here". He gave the map to the argonian and then hurried a few feet into the woods. "If you find anyone on your patch that could be of any help, make sure you bring them, we're going to need it" he shouted over his shoulder before he dissapeared in the forest.

OOC: bump

IC:

Has-Big-Axe took the map and wandered off into the woods. Hearing a noise, he turned and spotted a green-skinned hound leaping towards him. Has-Big-Axe gripped the staff tight and the hound exploded in flames, pieces of roasted flesh raining down on the Argonian's head.

Tyjet yells out, "Wait for me! I told you I would only be a second..."

He looks around and notices that Elsuch is gone. Not thinking twice about it, he notices a hound pieces laying on the ground next to Has-Big-Axe. "What did you do!? Was that some kind of spell?" Tyjet looks that Argonian up and down. He's cover in deadric armor and there is an extravagent looking spear in the lizard's hands. Spellbound by the spear, Tyjet's eyes widen and he asks, "Where did you get that thing and what does it do?"

---Just to let you know, I'm keeping the same character I had in the tavern.

Sex: Male

Race: Breton

Class: Restoration Magic, Crossbow, Mace, Alchemy, Some Alteration (unlock and levitate) -I guess I would call this class Cleric (similar to the D&D Cleric)---

OOC: The hound has been blown to pieces by the STAFF. I guess you rushed through the posts in the tavern huh?

IC:

Has-Big-Axe turned and eyed the Breton suspiciously. "Why do you wish to know about this staff? Sometimes, knowledge is a great burden to bear."

Has-Big-Axe and Tyjet stood in silence for a few moments before the Argonian spoke,

"Alright then, but be prepared for what you are going to see. The more allies i have the better but this staff is an artifact of unimaginable evil. It once belonged to a great necromancer" saying that, he expertly twirled the staff in his hands and suddenly and forcefully planted it into the ground. The staff gave out a bright flash of crimson light and all around on the canopies of the trees, small flames erupted in the sky. After the spectacle had finished, several dozen charred bodies of birds fell with soft thuds against the gound all around them.

Has-Big-Axe calmly looked into the shocked and frightened eyes of Tyjet before placing ths staff down and showing to him his hands, covered with brightly glowing runes mirroring those carved onto the staff.

"Do not touch it. I have done so and i will bear the burden alone. Elsuch and myself are on a journey to destroy this hateful artifact. You are welcome to join us"

ooc: i'm posting from california (free internet in the hotel lobby), and i really want to be part of this rp!! i was wondering (humble request) if you guys could sort of "reserve" a spot for me in this adventure. if its okay with you'all, i'll be playing as eiade, the unarmored acrobat in the tavern. i won't be entering right away, maybe two days from now (real-world time). i thought maybe i could run into you guys somehow along your path? sorry to give no in-character input, but i'm not really part of this rp until chunky_moose gives me the okay. i'll be getting back to kentucky on the 24th and i'll be able to post then.

-We should welcome Eiade because I have twist idea that involves Eiade... Just read the last few entries in the tavern section.-

Tyjet looks at Has-Big-Axe's hand and see red runes, they seemed to be burned in. "Please, let me help you. Two people alone makes this burden to heavy for you both. Speaking of Elsuch, where is he?" Tyjet looks around seeing that Has-Big-Axe is all alone except for a little piece of hound meat hanging from his "ear" and Tyjet carefully removes it for him and toss it down to the floor.

OOC: Eiade, you're welcome. Especially since you have managed to build up previously in the tavern some rapport with Fishystick and we have both met you and have seen you run out from the tavern, your joining in seems a good idea. BTW, i'd just like to say to any lurkers out there reading this, please do post and join in with this RP, its a relaxed RP like the general chat in the tavern, this is not a particularly tightly storylined or DMed RP. Just join in and have fun.

IC:

Has-Big-Axe looked at Tyjet and thanked him for removing the piece of hound meat. He looked down at his own hands and stared intently at the runes, the more he concentrated on them, the more they glowed. He looked up at spoke gravely to Tyjet,

"This necromancer who once created this staff was a powerful wizard from the East. His necromancy bound countless sentient souls to this evil artifact" the Argonian said looking at the staff, "The staff is very much alive and sentient and it has a will of its own. That necromancer, by the hands of Elsuch and myself, was slain and his remains destroyed. The sentient will of the staff knew that its master had been destroyed. It remained in the possession of Elsuch, though he dared not use it or even let it see the light of day because he was afraid of its terrible power. I was the first to touch the bare wood of the staff after the death of its former master. Therefore, it chose to have me as its new master. It will likely kill you if you touch it, it almost did so to me when i battled against that necromancer"

Has-Big-Axe peeled off his armour - once again - to show to Tyjet the Scar. (OOC: Read about it in the tavern, it was part of the RP between myself and Fishystick)

"That staff did this to me when i touched it without it wanting me to when i was fighting its master"

The Argonian paused and went on,

"Anyway, Elsuch has gone on ahead to the village of his birth to meet his son. We might go there with him when he returns. We were on our way to destroy this artifact, it is too powerful to remain in mortal hands for long"

Archived