PS3 games

XanAlderon

I've decided I wanted a ps3, but need to know what game I should buy first.

Out of say...

Metal Gear Solid 4

GTA IV

Fallout 3

Littlebigplanet

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

The orange box

Assasins creed?

anything that I've forgotten...

Which one first?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I would actually say resitance 2. I know its not on that list, but you know.

Metal gear solid - was great and I have it, but in a way I found it disappointing, but a very long game

fallout 3 - I cant comment on because I dont have but I have heard it is much better for the pc than ps3 because of bad porting issues from the 360 onto ps3

little big planet - I have and love for a laugh; but for a first game there isnt much to get your teeth into

Uncharted - I also have this and absolutely love it, probabaly best of all the games you have mentioned; but the only problem is that it is quite a short game unless you replay to get all the trophies which I did!!! I would recommend this as ur first if you dont mind a fairly short game as the graphics, gameplay and cutscenes are all incredible.

The orange box - I also have this, and It is a great game again. Its brilliant, but it doesnt really stand out for me I have to say. Its just another solid shooter

Assassins creed - Again, I have this. A brilliant and interesting game, though it does get a little repetetive, and it is quite short again. Brilliant for showing off a HD TV though.

I hope this has helped. To summarise those games are all brilliant, but out of the ones you said I would personally choose Uncharted: Drakes fortune as a first game if you will be wanting to replay the game to get trophies. It does have nice replay value for the trophies and unlockables and cheats. For one play through though you are looking between 9 and 10 hours possibly.

Matt (Inggrish)

I fail to see how MGS4 was dissapointing. It is brilliant. Really good. Oh dear, I appear to have become a fanboy. I hate fanboys. I spend lots of time explaining to my friends how Halo 3 eats hairy man bum. Oh well, MGS4 is still great, but if you haven't played the last games then it's best to ignore the plot. Too complicated. The game is of decent length, and it is great fun. Hey, wait! Get Call of Duty 5! Now that is awesome. Get Call of Duty 4 cheap as well. CoD 5 feels like a bit of a step back from it.

Metal gear solid is a solid game; and lots of people do like it loads. Its just. I dunno, not what I was expecting I guess.

Call of duty 4 I wanst a fan of the single player at all; though the multiplayer is v good.

Call of duty 5 I feel is much better than CoD 4 as I prefer WW2 weaponry and NAZI ZOMBIES!!!

Uncharted is still amazing though.

In answer to your question about your old MAC, I don't know if it would work or not. What output connections do you have on the back of your MAC???

Archived