lack of mods for skingrad

alufangirl1993

11 members have voted

1. 1. do you like skingrad?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

Could you please explain why you find Skingrad screwed up? I find it resembled many old Central European city sections, and a few in the US (such as areas of Boston), where the streets curve about crazily, and multiple purpose-specific businesses pop up almost on top of one another, with none elsewhere.

Though the winery was oddly placed.

Better cities skingrad is superb, the only way i would improve it would to have a night mist in the streets. I love the unique architecture and the close proximity of the buildings and the way that the counts castle dominates the vista. The player owned house is the best in the game, especially with the eyja mod

I'd say that its people mod the city they like or don't.

They see some place they love and want to make it better. Or they see something wrong with a place and think they can improve it.

As for me I never really stopped for long in Skingrad. Unless a quest took me there I tended to avoid the place. That and I really never like Glarthir, SO I avoided ever running into him by not going to Skingrad.

I think Skingrad was a great concept that got executed very poorly. It appears to utilize a claustrophobic design, where in order to not lose space that could be used by vinyards (and thus produce more wine), the citizens of Skingrad built very close to each other, and as they gained more wealth, expanded their buildings by adding more stories and overhangs.

The problem though, is that how they did it just feels way out of place. The main drag through town is a trench, and despite all the money you'd expect Skingrad to have, that trench doesn't seem that nice-looking in general. Also, why is the road between the gate and castle left untouched? That area would make major strategic point if they had to defend themselves, and considering the security desired by the nobles and merchants, you'd think that the richer part of town would be higher up. Instead, we get some trees, some grassy patches, and a bridge awaiting us as we go though the gate leading towards the castle.

Seeing tall structures piercing the sky on a tall hill surrounded by rolling vineyards would be an amazing sight. Instead, we get buildings that barely eclipse the walls and a place that, in general, feels like it makes no sense. :down:

Edited by ziitch

I like Skingrad. The city kind of wierded me out the first time I encountered it- like there was a sort of sinister vibe about the place. Now, though, I find I like the aesthetic of it, though as ziitch says, the layout makes little sense when you think about it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a lack of mods- I haven't noticed a dearth of Skingrad mods in comparison to the other cities. Better Cities, Skingrad Market, the mods that alter Rosethorn Hall- there are certainly mods out there. If the place doesn't have as many mods as, say the Imperial City, I'd imagine it's because it's not a central location or one that players are required to spend a lot of time in.