Level up messages where to put the text? LUM mod 20-75

I don't have anything I can offer that is specific to your question, but if you find a mod that does add/change level up messages you can load it in TES4Edit and use it to find where the mod made it's changes. I can't think of a mod to look at, but it seems to me that I recall seeing that type of thing mentioned in mods in the past.

- Edit - Just had a quick peek with BSA Unpacker in Oblivion - Misc.bsa and I see a menus\levelup_menu.xml (may give you a starting point).

Edited by Striker879

Then you're doing it wrong.

I did a search and replaced to 'oblivion.ini' with the lum levels text

sLevelUp21=this message doesn't appear on levelup for level 21.

I have the gog version + script extender

In the dvd version, I could find the levelup vars in 'oblivion.ini'

In the gog version, there is no oblivion.ini file only the 'default_oblivion.ini'

Yes, tried adding it into the default file as well.

Edited by Guest

Oblivion_Default.ini comes with every legitimate version of Oblivion, and will be located in the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder. The game uses that file as a stub to create Oblivion.ini any time it can't find one. Never make any changes to Oblivion_Default.ini unless you are prepared to completely reinstall the game.

Oblivion.ini will be located in the Users\<YourUserName>\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder on all later versions of Windows (for WinXP it will be Documents and Settings\<YourUserName>\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion and in Vista Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\My Games\Oblivion).

I believe what Maskar is pointing out is that the game engine doesn't support levelup messages past level 20, so the only way is to change the level 20 levelup message each time your character achieves the next level (so when you hit level 21 you change the level 20 message to read "Congrats you've reached level 21 ..." and then when you reach level 22 you change the level 20 message to read "Congrat you've reached level 22 ..." etc).