Add items or leveled lists to base containers and NPC templates

ePath

Is there a way to do (title) with scripts?

What im trying to do is to add new leveledlists to loot containers all across the mojave, but i don't really feel like doing hundreds of lines for all those references. Some of the containers i want to put the lists in only have low chance (10-15%) leveled lists and already have various items so adding my lists directly to the "base item" container would give me more control about the spawn odds (which i would like to be 15% per cont. Instead of ~1% in example)

Also trying to add items to npcs used as templates, i did it manually already but i still rather be extra sure there's no other way.

I haven't found anything that says it is possible yet but im still not so sure i didn't just skipped something.

Thank you!!

EDIT: So it is really really only possible to do it with referenced containers/npcs huh?. It'll be one hell of a editing Journey then i guess.

Edited by ePath

Thank you! Just found out about BaseAddItem function from nvse, and i must be really dumb because i read those before but still wasn't sure. Might be my english tho.

The goal is always to make the concepts accurate but clear. If you have any suggestions for how to improve those entries, please let me know. Input from non-native English speakers is particularly helpful if only to make it easier for translation software.

-Dubious-

The goal is always to make the concepts accurate but clear. If you have any suggestions for how to improve those entries, please let me know. Input from non-native English speakers is particularly helpful if only to make it easier for translation software.

-Dubious-

Thank you, in any event i don't think i have any good advice but 'TIP Level Lists and GetBaseObject versus GetBaseForm' does feel like out of my reach, still im sure its because there are basics i've got yet to cover and memorize. After all you can't be explicit in every single and little point and i think most of the users would understand easily enough what they can or can't do. My problem was that i didn't read the wiki's example carefully enough.

AddItem syntax example says ''ActorID/ContainerID" so i ran to the geck and tried it with NCRTrooperAAMTEMPLATE (something like that) and of course didn't compiled, then looked a little lower and saw the next example "buddyref.additem" so yeah, most than likely my doubts are only because of lacking attention. After researching for geck functions found lutana's BaseAddItem which solved my first problem of adding items to "base" containers instead of ALL its instances one by one.

Right now i just tried declaring a refHeavilyArmoredFella, and setting said Actor to that ref, then using additem with it, it compiled but didn't worked.

So, since the forum does have entries on LeveledActors/creatures, on how to add item to Actors but only its references and how to add items to leveled lists, but nothing about adding items to "base" or non-referenced actors i suppose it is just not possible. im still going to google the s#*! out of it tho.

Please review the "GECK Form-ID Base-ID Ref-ID and Editor-ID" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. It is often necessary to do this several times before the subtleties sink in, but firmly grasping the differences between these terms is essential. The wiki "takes no prisoners" and uses them in the strictest sense, which is why that section quotes the wiki heavily.

In short: A "base-ID/base-Form" is a Template, from which are created a unique "Reference-ID" (pre-fixed by the "load order" "mod index") when each instance is placed in the game. Some of these references are "persistent" (have "Editor-ID" names) and some are "dynamic" (without an "Editor-ID" name and prefixed with the "mod index" of "FF".).

And yes, a lot of scripting requires trial and error interpretation of the wiki description of commands and functions. That's the challenge.

-Dubious-