Uploading port oldrim to SSE with original authors permission but another problem

MrShadowBlood

I made a working port of a mod from oldrim nexus and want to upload it to SSE mods nexus site. The mod from oldrim was a port from steam which I got permission from the original author on steam but the one who ported it on Oldrim has not been on for 5 months.

Question is am I able to upload a port of a old port if I have permission from the author who made the mod on steam but the person who made the port I was unable to get permission?

Edited by Vulthursil

All depends on the permissions granted to the one you *can* contact. If they were limited to "Ok to port to Steam" and nothing more, then can't re-distribute the content into SSE here on the Nexus.

But if permission was more general, "Yeah, feel free to port..." then you're probably ok.

All depends on the permissions granted to the one you *can* contact. If they were limited to "Ok to port to Steam" and nothing more, then can't re-distribute the content into SSE here on the Nexus.

But if permission was more general, "Yeah, feel free to port..." then you're probably ok.

I asked the original modder on steam and they said yes as long if I give credit and the nexus version oldrim version was a port that came from steam. So it is like Some one on nexus asked them if they could port to Old skyrim from steam which they said yes and now I asked the mod author if I could port it to special edition and they said yes but I used the oldrim version which is now a ported and working special edition mod.......I feel like I am confusing myself.

I also plan to put in the comment of them allowing me access to port it in the preview pics of the ported port from Oldrim which came from steam.

As long as the original author of the mod said you can port it to SSE you should be ok.

Yes, as long as the creator of the original content gives you permission it's fine. Just make sure your mod is based off the assets from Steam and doesn't use any unique assets created by the first "porter" (although usually there aren't any).