help with LOD bug?

dfdghnm

Hi. I seem to have of the problematic low res texture bug, caused due to mip map streaming error. I too have low res texture issues, but it seems to be more than just a texture but a mesh bug. For me, the bug mainly occurs on window grills. I have taken some pictures, (I have the high res dlc mod)

Worse still,it seems that it is a mesh problem, and not so much a texture problem. You can see that in image 3.(However, I am not quite sure of that is the case, or if it is just lousy 2D vanilla meshes)

Screenshots:

SPECS:

I have a GTX1070, no SSD, with an intel i76700 CPU and 16.0 GB Ram.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

1) ENBOOST: I already use PRC enb. Setting ForceVideoMemorySize=true, even when setting VideoMemorySizeMb to a comfortable 8096 results in even more texture issues.

2) TEXTURE LOAD WORKAROUND mod: I have followed the ini tweaks as follows:

fallout4.ini

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=7500

iTextureUpgradeDistance0=5000

iTextureDegradeDistance1=7500

iTextureDegradeDistance0=5000

fallout4prefs.ini

iTexMipMapSkip=-1

fallout4customini

fTextureUpgradeDisabledMinSpeed=6000.0000

fUpdateTextureTime=0.1

bUseCombinedObjects=1

bUsePreCreatedSCOL=1

These tweaks fail to fix the issue.

3) In addition I have tried tweaking the lod mesh load distances in the fallout4prefs.ini

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=4000.0000

fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=8000.0000

4) I have disabled steam overlays.

5) I have assigned maximum performance to the power settings in the NVIDIA control panel, and set v sync as adaptive.

I am at my wits end. Please help. If any further information is required, do let me know.

• 3 years later...

Did you ever fix this on your setup?

This many years later and I still haven't found a fix for this.

I'm pretty close to just dropping the game completely.

I've tried many different mod setups, every single tweak/setting/mod from many different forums, yet the LOD bug persists.

My PC can run most other games on ultra settings with at least 60 fps. It's not the hardware. It's also not a mod issue, because it happens to me in vanilla too.

The LOD bug makes it unplayable. Sometimes reloading a save refreshes the textures, but sometimes it doesn't.

I love Fallout 4, there really isn't anything like it.

That being said, as much as I love it, I hate constantly looking at LOD textures up close even more.

fUpdateTextureTime=0.1 is too fast, give textures more time to update, try around 1.0

add this to fallout ini

under General]

bAllowTextureFallback=0

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0 (seems already set)

check that no mod or double entry reconfigures these settings unintentionally