Creature not carrying out it's Faction or script orders to attack player.

Nagasekofmi2

Hello there again. Since my last time I've learned quite a bit including making a fully working quest with basic stuff not like complex quests such as Moira's. Today there's something rather odd. I modified a Sentry bot and Mister Gutsy in the faction and script departments but they seem to ignore both areas. So there's this Chimera Depot interior cell cut from the OA dlc and I made it available I cut a little area which does not match with the outside of the building. everything else is mostly normal with touches like removing doors that no longer match the layout and adding furniture and two cut terminals as well as static objects (after all you can't loot simulation stuff ;)) ammo/health dispensers etc. Anyway the place was finished with triggers and lightning and chinese enemies made before being cut likely due to the interior not matching the outside. So I made it to be a hacking area since the chinese modified the chimeras here there is a new technician named "Chinese Hacker Technician" and works just like the ones in the Listening post. There is also an unused sentrybot that uses the gatling laser along one with machinegun and the mister gusty. I added two, the GL sentry bot and the mister gutsy. They were hacked by the technician (backstory to make it more familiar to the game) Both robots are called "Winterized Hacked Sentry Bot" ditto for Mr. gutsy. Did not add the MG bot because you get that in the strike team acquisitions and the place has already it's 9 I believe default soldiers plus the technician tho it flees like it should and the two robots I mentioned. Door are coded well and lead to and from were they must. But enough about the cell description. The thing is I place the robot there and changed their factions to the dlc02Chinesecombatfaction or simply the one they use to attack the player and americans, its the same faction the guard dogs use but not the sentry mines hence the weird interactions between them and the chinese in the vanilla game/dlc. So despite this the robots appear in the radar as red but do not attack the player or help the chinese. I also gave them both a script that says Begin onload - startcombat player - end. It's written as a script don't worry, saved and compiled no errors. The creatures also have the setting "Helps allies and friends" "Aggressive" "Foolhardy" Even with all these factions/settings and scripts they refuse to attack the player or even do anything! The Mister Gutsy at least patrols and uses the voice and responds to the player in sneak or that it spotted the player but does not engage in combat with anyone not even the chinese (duh) At least it does something. The Sentry bot just stands there and does not even move or use any of it's robot lines of speech like "hostile detected, engaging blah blah..." What is the thing i'm doing wrong? They do not honor the faction and disregard a direct script order! Much help appreciated please.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two NPCs in enemy factions and found they would not attack or fight each other if one was following the Player. It may have been over-ride for me since I have Amazing Follower Tweaks on also. The only way to get them to fight was if they both were not following me and I added the player to the scene without them being a follower but this might not be your issue. Good Luck!

Edited by Adventurer1111

Faction (A) is friends with Faction (B)

Faction B is friends with Faction (A)

all settings need to match both directions and supersede default vanilla settings.

Each must have their opposing groups listed in each others faction settings. they must match.

Edited by Purr4me

Faction (A) is friends with Faction (B)

Faction B is friends with Faction (A)

all settings need to match both directions and supersede default vanilla settings.

Each must have their opposing groups listed in each others faction settings. they must match.

They are using the same faction as the chinese which is the one against americans and the player. This same faction is the one the chinese ice camp guard dogs also use. I went to see that in case the chinese faction did not match a creature as it was an npc faction however the dogs use the npcs faction. It's were I based myself to use the faction on the robot as they are creatures just like the dogs. So the faction is the set one in the vanilla game wich is hostile as I said to the player and americans. Nothing modified and no conflict since again its the one the dogs use in the simulation with no conflict either. Your best bet should be for me to create an entirely new faction despite the normal faction intended to work as is but for some reason not?

then you duplicate one that is vanilla and rename it aka create what you want .

you wanted help ?

you can't alter existing factions, your creating a mod ,you "add content" don't alter existing content.

keep going let me know.

EDIT: send me your test saved game file so I can see the spot, then I'll see about making your request if it is a request?

I'm really good at requests.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

then you duplicate one that is vanilla and rename it aka create what you want .

you wanted help ?

you can't alter existing factions, your creating a mod ,you "add content" don't alter existing content.

keep going let me know.

EDIT: send me your test saved game file so I can see the spot, then I'll see about making your request if it is a request?

I'm really good at requests.

Kitty Black

I'll go for that now. Yes That is essentially the bread and butter of a mod That's how dlcs and updates work. Game data is already burned into read only so all you can is modify. What was created is there. The principle of deleting mods and game updates and the base games return to their unpatched or in most cases nowadays half complete rushed buggy release forms. Well it's not a request for it. I might take that in consideration with a bulky big thing i would have trouble with. For now it's little finicky things. My mod is essentially adding as much cut and forgotten content as possible with some stuff getting a full lore or stuff done for them. Like the house of lod book which is short for the "level of detail" but i decided to make a whole quest about it in the point lookout dlc. It's really fun I was proud. I learned via trial and error and youtube tutorials. I'm proud of that one. It has all, an esterior shack. Interior fully customized (items furniture markers lights etc) the quest npc with my voice used for the dialogue, expresions fetch quests objectives map markers, references enable disable objects and actors. scripts, new items old items, proper ending and completion with new lore, notes, working terminal with also ownerships, keys, holotapes, weapons and pretty much a full fledged quest. I'll try a new faction and let you know. Sorry I talk a lot. It's a real mistake habit of mine. I'm just passionate about the stuff I do. I'll get back to you and tell you the results.

I've returned Purr4me. My endeavor: I did modify the chinese faction to add player faction as enemy -100 in reputation. No dice. So I sat for a while watching the monitor; factions work. script to attack works. changing faction ally enemy in the game or via script works. What else could it be? The result~ (Honestly I made a thread some time ago for an option that was in the menu at the top. It made me look stupid. and now you won't believe how stupid I was again. I should stop coming to bother you guys with things that are easy noob mistakes.) To the result then. How else can a creature cannot attack that has no melee options? Npcs have unarmed and melee deatch claws yaoguays have melee moves. But what happens with robots and turrets when they have no ammo or npc without ammo? They can't. npc relly then on unarmed melee combat. Do sentry bots and robobrains have unnarmed options? NO. The problem was not that i left them ammoless its i put them the wrong ammo. Sentry bots use Electron Charge Packs for their gatling lasers. I put the ammo type "ElectronChargePackRobot" ROBOT! Grave mistake. No wonder they would not attack. I put them the wrong ammo under the possible correct ammo. They are now working. I put the correct non ROBOT ammo type and now they wage full war on me. I also found out how to make them dematerialize like the npcs in the blue light so the player does not loot them. I guess I found that new thing I hadn't figured out while correcting that noob mistake. I just thought ROBOT at the end of the ammo name meant the non playable ammo the creatures use that the player can't loot drop on death or pickpocket. I'm sorry to have occupied your mind for this nonsense and thank you for your assistance. I'm also sorry to have made another thread for something so dumb as that that was clearly my mistake. Thanks for your attention to this. It's 1:38am now and I should sleep now at peace I figured this out. Not sure your timezone but hope you can also sleep well knowing this has resolved and you need think no more of a possible solution. Again thanks and sorry for this embarrassment. Being proud of making a functional quest falls short if I climbed that big rock but tripped on the tiniest of pebbles.

Big wall of text ,it's not problem ,it is after all why I am here. You read my profile, it's real. that's what I do, this is my hobby.

I'm online just about 24/7

Aggression is another option for full out war. Now there are mods already built that do all of this but I do not want to spoil your fun and learning time Hands on is triaql and error ,none of this is easy at the beginning.

I wish you all the luck in the world as long as you're happy I'm fine.

Kitty Black

Big wall of text ,it's not problem ,it is after all why I am here. You read my profile, it's real. that's what I do, this is my hobby.

I'm online just about 24/7

Aggression is another option for full out war. Now there are mods already built that do all of this but I do not want to spoil your fun and learning time Hands on is trial and error ,none of this is easy at the beginning.

I wish you all the luck in the world as long as you're happy I'm fine.

Kitty Black

I found you offline while writing this. 23/7 :laugh: JK You dedicate to helping forums users all around I see. It's like you are the nurse of the hospital, ever ready when a doctor needs assistance. Thank you. I see your country of origin. I also speak your native language or the main language of said country. You could have been born there but moved and lived ever since in another country. Good to know. I prefer English tho so it's cool in either language.

Yes I want to learn as much as possible on my own. I don't see myself as a mod creator for the public. Not in this early state were a simple mistake like the wrong version of the ammo or a simple option at the top bar menu evaded me. I need experience first before putting half-a~~ stuff or buggy things that will make others playing experiences a problem. I'm also not knowledgeable about scripting. For now I'm at a basic level mostly seeing the vanilla scripts and interpreting what they do so I take part of a script or modify existing ones to suit my needs. Idk how to create a proper script as idk all the "functions the game engine has" I managed to create cryolator and trench knife schematics too and add them to the workbench. The workbench can now create both weapons. But that was just by looking at the script an taking parts and modifying it. I have a talent for reverse engineering and altering already existing stuff but I have no talent at creation new things really. Like I know the Mr gutsies and protectrons have unused models and decals so are the recon armors having army and lyons ones. I added those armors already and will add the creatures alternate forms. However as I say I don't have talent creating new stuff. I know the eyebots have designs for army, outcast and others factions but those models have no textures unused in game. There I hit a wall I cannot climb and must pass on that one. It's not unused content, it just not there in the game therefore I cannot add it since I cannot create it.

Well that's it already my habit of talking too much. Thanks again for you dedication. I'l pop back again in the future when I actually need help unlike these two embarrassing moments :facepalm: Take care o/