It says "preparing game for modding" for hours and I don't know what to do

Exclaimedagte4

What game?

What mods?

What mod manager?

I have no idea how to help you with the little information you gave.

sorry, I'm using the vortex mod manager

game battlefront 2 (2017)

and trying to use Nanobuds Ahsoka Tano mod https://www.nexusmod...22017/mods/2549

I can install the mod fine but it constantly says preparing the game for modding in the notifications tab, and it only does this for this game

What game?

What mods?

What mod manager?

and trying to use Nanobuds Ahsoka Tano mod https://www.nexusmod...22017/mods/2549

I can install the mod fine but it constantly says preparing the game for modding in the notifications tab, and it only does this for this game

Well, the addon says that it's in Beta and Not Fully Tested, so you should probably report this on GitHub

What game?

What mods?

What mod manager?

Well, the addon says that it's in Beta and Not Fully Tested, so you should probably report this on GitHub

this may not fully a problem with the mod, I think its may be with vortex itself, it just continually says its preparing the game for modding but never actually gets the game ready. I've tried other mods and it leads to the same problem. But Vortex doesn't have this problem with other games

also I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, I'm just new to using Vortex and modding in general

Edited by Exclaimedagte4

this may not fully a problem with the mod, I think its may be with vortex itself, it just continually says its preparing the game for modding but never actually gets the game ready. I've tried other mods and it leads to the same problem. But Vortex doesn't have this problem with other games

also I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, I'm just new to using Vortex and modding in general

Well, you said that it "Only does this for this game", so, are you saying the other games you're modding with Vortex work fine, and it's only happening when you try and mod Battlefront?

I'm not saying it's a problem with the mod, I'm saying it could be a problem with the EXTENSION written for Vortex that Handles the Mods for Battlefront.

If so, then it's not a Vortex problem, it's a problem with the Extension written to handle Battlefront 2, as I said, it's still in Beta which means it could still have problems, and the best way to get those sorted is to report those problems on GitHub

Where do you have Battlefront 2 installed?

Is it from Steam, or GOG?

Well, you said that it "Only does this for this game", so, are you saying the other games you're modding with Vortex work fine, and it's only happening when you try and mod Battlefront?

I'm not saying it's a problem with the mod, I'm saying it could be a problem with the EXTENSION written for Vortex that Handles the Mods for Battlefront.

If so, then it's not a Vortex problem, it's a problem with the Extension written to handle Battlefront 2, as I said, it's still in Beta which means it could still have problems, and the best way to get those sorted is to report those problems on GitHub

Where do you have Battlefront 2 installed?

Is it from Steam, or GOG?

I have battlefront 2 on Origin.