very simple question about importing.

alderwiki

until the last update or so I was able to use LOOT and vortex as separate applications to manage my plugins -- unneeded I know as Vortex has LOOT built in but the LOOT screen is easier for me too see -- at this point I've spent countless hours building my groups listings and sorting and organizing at this point and well; while it would be easier this time around as I know where everything needs to go I don't want to go through all that again. I've been poking around all day on vortex hoping to find a way to easily import my load order from LOOT directly and possibly the groups but can't find anything so I've come to ask for help on if there _is_ a way to import your groups and load order from LOOT as a separate program to Vortex?

TL;DR: Can I Import already made LOOT group lists/load orders into Vortex?

If so, how? I'm... pretty green on how to juggle the whole mess of it, mostly i just stumble along read questions and answers with a really confused expression.

I've not tried it myself, but you may be able to copy the userlist.yaml from %AppData%\Local\LOOT\{GAMENAME} to %AppData%\Roaming\Vortex\{GAMENAME}\

Just make sure to backup the existing userlist in the Vortex folder in case it doesn't work.

Doing a simple copy and paste over from loot to vortex? and hope that vortex doesn't want to resort... Since lately whenever I don't auto sort it decides the plugins aren't properly enabled and don't load.

huh, I wonder if there's a folder in there for groups. I'm always scared to start touching my folders and doing big changes, but I'm willing to start poking around and give it a go. Hell, an hour of time wasted isn't _too_ horrendous. And if I break my game beyond repair... it's not the first time, and possibly will not be the last when I finally stop playing Fo4 and wander to a new game to start modding. (being on a laptop limits the amount of games I can do that to atm...but a man can dream.)

thanks for the idea!