• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Stormscape

Stormscape

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
You'd have to ask Dark0ne on that. But I'd say no.

Slaiv

Slaiv

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
If you included it as an extra part of the package, then maybe. For example:

Person A is working on Project X. Person A finishes Project X, and decides to make a sequel to Project X, which will be Project Y. Person A decides to upload Project X to MWSource. Included in his zip, is a small trailer for Project Y, as well as a readme.

That would be fine [I believe] as long as the trailer is small.

NoRemorse

NoRemorse

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
okay, i understand now. Thanks! ;)

FLiP

FLiP

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I didn't even know u could make a download of just an ad :shifty:

Slaiv

Slaiv

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
Just make a......well, I won't tell for the sake of MWSource's server space.

Adras

Adras

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I would think that if someone made even a long video and put it in their zip, it would be ok, because you dont have to watch it if you dont want... Like putting a picture in the zip, you dont HAVE to look at it, so its ok. But thats just my opinion.

no name white boy

no name white boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have to agree with adras you dont have to look at it if you dont want to but some people might actually want to but rules are rules you cant change that.

Slaiv

Slaiv

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
I just said that because video files take up a lot of room [a.k.a. server space. Which costs money.] Such as the two Half-Life 2 E3 videos, which both took up about 600,000kb apiece.

evilneko

evilneko

Honohime

• Premium Member
  • 2,185 posts
If you want to put a trailer for your mod or your next mod on your mod page, the mirror site and youtube video options are ideal for that. Videos should not be included in the archive alongside a mod, IMO.

jjnorris

jjnorris

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I am not sure if it would be advertising if I were to offer the serious part-time/full-time modders that don't already have a website, space on my server? I would like to contribute with more than just a thumbs up and a nice comment. The hosting would be free, so I am not going to benefit from it lol. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Page loaded in: 2.256 seconds