[Tutor] Collisions Mini Tutorial Part III

jaysus

Running up walls! Awsome how did you do it? We could make ladders that way! Anyway the problem is likely in your bhkrigidbody settings just make them the same as a normal fallout mesh (but copy down the settings you have so we can find uses for this glitch)

• 1 month later...

I have went step by step through every..EVERY!!!!!!! tutorial!!!!! :wallbash:

and im having either...(I have many meshes that are the same, except they follow a different tutorial.)

1. the mesh loads in geck but its invisible.

2. when i try to load the mesh it crashes geck.

3. The mesh is in-game!!!!! :) ...OH wow i can walk straight through it!!!!! :wallbash:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

i think he just didnt delete the 3.0 tools link for people living in the past.

Anyways, AFAIK you dont need to do any sub-coll stuff. To get collision working on a SIMPLE mesh. Just make a lowpoly collision convex shape that encapsulates your mesh. (a really boxy generic shape with not many triangles, 50 is too many).

Then apply a BHKRigidBodyModifier to that mesh.

Then select it and your mesh and export. Boom collision is exported.

BUT You arent out of the woods yet. In Nifskope, look for a YELLOWOUTLINE this represents your havok collision shape you just made. TO get it to show in Nifskope (if it isnt already) go to Rendering, Show Havok.

Collision shapes can be copy and pasted-over eachother from one file to the next for easy content-swapping. Just gotta expand the Collision blocks until you get to the last one, should be like BsCollisionShape or something like that... ( i cant recall the name offhand), just paste over with another one if you want to swap coll from one file to the next.

amazing! thx the lord we still have a true hero in our world... :rolleyes:

---------------

anyway, back to reality, this tutorial is rather outdated, the new and updated niftools make exporting the collisions much easier...

but depending on your export settings you might have to tweak the resulting nif file a lil bit