• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

AxelofAtheara

AxelofAtheara

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I just did a complete fresh install of both Skyrim and the CK and I extracted the Scripts archive in Skyrim's Data folder for mod creation. However, when I went into the newly created Scripts folder, I only see the .psc files inside of the Source folder. There is no .pex files in the Scripts folder in which the Source folder is located. A while ago, I made a copy of the scripts folder and put it on a flash drive for safe keeping as a backup, but there was a bunch of scripts from mods in it and I'm not sure exactly which scripts are vanilla and which ones are from a mod, so I can't really use it. Is there something I missed while reinstalling everything?

IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

The Pale Redguard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,835 posts

The PEX files are safely packed inside the various BSAs.  The DLC ones are in their respective BSA and the base game ones should be in "Skyrim - Misc.bsa" and updated ones (if any) possibly in "Skyrim - Patch.bsa".

In otherwords, anything you had loose from before should be considered as from a mod and not needed for a stock / vanilla setup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creation kit, mods, scripting, skyrim

Page loaded in: 1.160 seconds