Help, hanging herb Dried Elves Ear texture broken

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

WolfLord117

WolfLord117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So I really need some help... I have a huge mod pack that is almost done and looks great, but for some reason the texture for the hanging dried elves ear is the broken purple texture, and I can't find where the default texture is located nor what mods may be responsible >_< AND I can't find any mod out there to overwrite it. Anyone have any ideas? All my other textures look great it seems to be just that. 

thumbincubation

thumbincubation

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

The default should be textures/plants/herbs01.dds (and /herbs01_n.dds)  which I believe can be found in the Skyrim - Textures5.bsa archive. 

If you extract that and then put it in the proper file path, as a loose file, the game should find it.

This may change more than just the elves ear, though.   If it does, depending on whether you like the change, and/or the effect of any other mods, you may wish to create a copy of each, name them something unique, extract the mesh from

meshes/plants/hangingelvesear01 

and use nifskope to reassign the new custom textures to it.  Or you could use creation kit to create a texture set and apply it to the mesh in the kit itself. 

WolfLord117

WolfLord117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Thank you for the help!! I will give this a try. 

Page loaded in: 0.965 seconds