Can't recruit ED-E

Well, i went to the mojave express offce and repaired ED-E, but when i activated the companion protocol ED-E did'nt join me and he keeped flying in circles around the office, when i talked to him again, it appeared the same options; activate companion protocol and disconnect. Tried dismissing my others companions with the gun runners monitor, and repairing him in the other ways, but nothing, i tried the above mentioned but with all my companions mods deactivated and nothing. The weirdest thing happend when i started a new game, i could'nt unholdster any weapon, sneak or sprint, and sunny smiles did have a different first dialogue, she said that we should exit to a calmer place for cheyenne to relaxing or something lke that. I went to mojave express anyway, but still happening the same problem. Don't have any idea on what to do, here's my mod list, please help

That "load order" is not sorted correctly. You have "Pre Order Packs" loading before the expansion DLCs just to start with. (Didn't bother to look any further; it is so obviously wrong.)

We REALLY need to see a "load order" as produced by "LOOT"; to include the main game and DLC files. (Screenshots don't work so well for the purpose.) With modded games its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. LOOT's sort gives a good first approximation, correcting the most obvious issues and is sufficient for most players. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata". Instructions on how to copy it's list for posting are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

You have a number of mods I've never seen before. Nothing too unusual about that, but it means I can't make any specific suggestions as to which might be causing your problems. You are going to need to follow the 'Mod Conflict Isolation' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article if properly sorting your load order is not enough.

* Move any "inactive/disabled" plugins out of the game "Data" folder. They count against the "plugin cap"(see Smaller Plugin Cap) because they get loaded by the game engine if found, and can cause "Missing Master" problems. Please see the wiki "Missing Masters" article if you get that error message. If those plugins without the "mod index" numbers are "deactivated" by the "Bash Patch", then you failed to have them "ghosted" by "Wrye Bash/Flash" when you built your "Bashed Patch". Please see the wiki "Bashed Patch file with Marked Mergeables" article.

It is not a wise idea in general to mix "overhaul" mods that affect the same things. If you must, then you have to find or create compatibility patches to make them work together.

* "Compatibility patches" to make one mod work with another need to be placed after (as in "physically lower, higher numbered") in the "load order" than ALL of the plugins they are designed to make compatible. (This also applies to "fix" files.) ESMs should always be placed at the top (lowest numbered) positions in the "load order", followed by the related ESPs though they can be separated from their ESMs by other plugins. LOOT does a good job of determining those basic orders. Getting the "load order" incorrect will cause "Missing Masters" errors as well. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata".

FYI: The "pre-order packs" (aka "POPs": Caravan, Classic, Mercenary, and Tribal; available now in the "Courier's Stash" addon), are not considered "true DLC expansions" by most mods and are treated as "compatibility patches" because they just add certain unique items. So their absence should not deter you from using "All DLC Merged" plugins. Where they are included, they should come after "GunrunnersArsenal.ESM" which is a true DLC expansion. When in doubt, follow the process in the wiki "Missing Masters" article to confirm they are not "master files" for that plugin.

* If you have more than one mod that makes any change to the same record or set of records in the vanilla game, then you really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. When in doubt, create a "Merge Patch" file for your overall "load order" anyway.

You have 272 mods listed (though admittedly some are not "active", still ... you are pushing the limits.) Trim it down to just what you consider "must haves", start a new game and test it is working correctly, and then add mods one at a time and TEST after adding each.

* Once you have an error free setup, only then should you consider installing the mod FNV Mod Limit Fix to increase your plugin cap to 255. More plugins initially will only complicate tracking down the source of your problem.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned". It is NOT a list of various mods to install that happen to work on the author's machine. It addresses fundamentals underlying how to get the basic game and mods to work together.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

something is very wrong, i tried deactivating all the mods but i could'nt play nothing, when i loaded my last save, my charachter was at floors level and could'nt move, and when i started a new game, it frezeed as soon the white light and the ventilator sound appeared. Later i tried with only the masters files activated (including mods masters) and i could play in the last save, reciving the same problem form ED-E, and still frezing at that ponit i mentioned in the new game

"Deactivating/disabling" mods does not remove them (depending upon your mod manager), especially if they overwrote "loose files" residing in the "Data" folder structure. (Vanilla files are in the "Fallout - <name>.BSA" series of files. Do NOT unpack them unless you really know what you are doing and why. Some HAVE to remain there.) In addition, many mods save info in the "save game" files, so you can't just turn them off and continue playing from that previous "save".

If you start a "new game" and have problems, then you have missed doing something essential in setting things up. See either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

It's up to you how much time you want to spend trying to "continue the game", but you need to consider at what point it is simpler and faster to start over CORRECTLY. That means taking your time (took me about a week, including research which is the core of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article) carefully adding mods and testing each before adding the next. But that way you know exactly which mod is conflicting. (I've never had more than a temporary problem with my game since.)

I use JIP CCC and do not have a problem with ED-E. Look elsewhere for your conflict (as long as you are current with the latest version of both it and JIP LN NVSE). (See above about "disabling".)

Edit: That sorted load order is much better. I note that you have an "on-board" Intel graphics chip with:

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB

That "shared memory" is coming out of the "system RAM" and will be slower than dedicated video cards. You can expect to encounter "stutter" as you add graphic intensive mods. Something to bear in mind.

As mentioned before, you have a lot of mods, including many I have no knowledge about. But one thing to consider is that other "companion mods" might interfere with the vanilla companions like ED-E. It depends upon how they were implemented. Consider adding them last.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent