Editing the .Lib files?

404UserNotFound

So I've got all the files unpacked, found the file that controls the pricing of items in the shop, opened it up in Notepad++.....and it's a bunch of gibberish and symbols with a few legible words here and there.

Am I missing something? I've tried checking that bloody Far Cry 3 modding wiki, but that thing lacks any sort of tutorials for how to begin modding after you've unpacked the files using the editor.

How do you modify these files?

So I've got all the files unpacked, found the file that controls the pricing of items in the shop, opened it up in Notepad++.....and it's a bunch of gibberish and symbols with a few legible words here and there.

Am I missing something? I've tried checking that bloody Far Cry 3 modding wiki, but that thing lacks any sort of tutorials for how to begin modding after you've unpacked the files using the editor.

How do you modify these files?

Yep your missing something.

So you unpacked common.dat file with Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack.exe,

Then you used Gibbed.Dunia2.ConvertBinaryObject.exe to unpack the .lib file?

I'm guessing you didn't.

I'm guessing you didn't.

Ok so I've figured out from the (lacking) instructions on http://www.modding.fc3wiki.com, this much:

1. Drag common.dat onto the Unpack EXE

2. Go through common_unpack folder to find the .lib files

3. Drag the wanted .lib file onto the ConvertBinaryObject file to cause it to create both an XML file and a folder containing more XML files for every item

4. Run through files, change iCost's to 1, and for ammo, change RefillAll multiplier to 0 because f*** RefillAll.

5. Change iCost of Crimson Plant file to 1000000 so I can sell crimson plants for 1 mil each and be rich.

6. ???

What do I do from here? The wiki is both lacking in instructions, and well....useless.

Edited by 404UserNotFound

I'm guessing you didn't.

Ok so I've figured out from the (lacking) instructions on http://www.modding.fc3wiki.com, this much:

3. Drag the wanted .lib file onto the ConvertBinaryObject file to cause it to create both an XML file and a folder containing more XML files for every item

4. Run through files, change iCost's to 1, and for ammo, change RefillAll multiplier to 0 because f*** RefillAll.

5. Change iCost of Crimson Plant file to 1000000 so I can sell crimson plants for 1 mil each and be rich.

6. ???

What do I do from here? The wiki is both lacking in instructions, and well....useless.

To be truthful I've not even played with .lib files and dunia 2 tools.

Maybe open a command prompt in the diectory dunia 2 tools is and try using -? as the parameter to query what a dunia 2 tool does.

It may give you insight as to what a tool does what options and parameters the queried tool is expecting.

eg:

Gibbed.Dunia2.ConvertBinaryObject.exe -?

You could do this with each .exe in the dunia2 tools directory.

It may not answer your question, but it might give some insight on what the tool can do or support.

This easy approach of dropping a file on another file in blind faith and hoping for the best just doesn't do it for me.

I'd prefer to query the tool and then do research with what -? tells me about the options for the tool.

But that's just my personal choice and doesn't mean it should be anyone else preference.

Good luck

Cheers

I'm guessing you didn't.

6. ???

1. Drag'n'drop shoppingitems_converted.xml over the ConvertBinaryObject.exe

2. Rename shoppingitems_converted_converted.fcb into the shoppingitems.lib

3. Replace the original one.

4. You're free to go

I'm guessing you didn't.

6. ???

1. Drag'n'drop shoppingitems_converted.xml over the ConvertBinaryObject.exe

2. Rename shoppingitems_converted_converted.fcb into the shoppingitems.lib

3. Replace the original one.

4. You're free to go

IT'S THAT SIMPLE? *head-desk some more*

Thanks! You guys rock! Obviously after replacing the new .lib, I have to re-pack everything, I assume.

Edited by 404UserNotFound

• 11 months later...

Yay google. If anyones alive, here goes.

generated/databases/generic/shoppingitems.lib

shoppingitems.lib dragged onto ConvertObjectBinary doesn't give me a single .xml, it gives me shoppingitems_converted.xml AND folder.

The .xml is a file LIST of the files in the folder the Folder contains all the individual .xml from shoppingitems.lib

---------- TLDR either Gibbed freaked out, or I dragged file/wrong file onto .exe/wrong exe or something. It worked now.

Trying to add silencers to Scwhartz mod LMG/revolver using AWM10's patch.dat