Custom Creatures with Blender Problem

hello there,

i have been trying to create a custom creature in blender for oblivion but it seems like i am doing something fundamentally wrong. i can put custom creatures + animations into oblivion and it works kind of but as soon as i start adding the capsules for the ragdoll my creature just slingshots into the air once it's dead. i don't really know why it's doing that but since blender does some wird stuff when creating the skeleton i am quite sure it has something to do with that. whenever i export my skeleton the bones end up in the wrong place and sometimes they dont even show in nifskope but the animations still seem to work.

here you can see that that the export looks totally different than the initial skeleton and it looks even more different in nifskope. in nifskope the spine/bip01/bip01 nonaccum are not extended in any direction and in blender bip01/bip01 nonaccum changed directions and the head bone became smaller.could somebody explain?

Edited by BloodyHell006

More information is needed.

1. What version of NifSkope are you using?

2. What version of Blender are you using?

3. What are your import settings in Blender?

4. What are you export settings?

Slingshot of dead creatures is not unusual with the gamebryo engine. It is a random bug and happens at times with vanilla NPCs/creatures.

The later versions of Growlf's Universal Skeleton Nif (and derivatives) suffered a problem like what you describe (I don't have an earlier version so I can only go by what I've seen reported and observed myself with the latest version). As far as I know it's never been a problem with Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons. If it's not an import/export issue as M48 has mentioned I wonder whether it could be the skeleton.nif you are basing your changes from.

Edited by Striker879

More information is needed.

1. What version of NifSkope are you using?

2. What version of Blender are you using?

3. What are your import settings in Blender?

4. What are you export settings?

Slingshot of dead creatures is not unusual with the gamebryo engine. It is a random bug and happens at times with vanilla NPCs/creatures.

1. version 1.1.3

2. blender 2.49b

3. these are the settings ( yes oblivion is checked )

yes i know but it will always slingshot there is only a small chance it won't and when i grab with "y" it certainly will.

The later versions of Growlf's Universal Skeleton Nif (and derivatives) suffered a problem like what you describe (I don't have an earlier version so I can only go by what I've seen reported and observed myself with the latest version). As far as I know it's never been a problem with Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons. If it's not an import/export issue as M48 has mentioned I wonder whether it could be the skeleton.nif you are basing your changes from.

i am not basing anything off an existing skeleton, i made one myself.

Edited by BloodyHell006

I wasn't very clear ... what I was getting at is Growlf introduced something to Universal Skeleton Nif in later versions that caused the same effect you are seeing. I'm wondering/hoping that the solution you discover will have some relevance to the Growlf situation (i.e. perhaps the same root cause).

I wasn't very clear ... what I was getting at is Growlf introduced something to Universal Skeleton Nif in later versions that caused the same effect you are seeing. I'm wondering/hoping that the solution you discover will have some relevance to the Growlf situation (i.e. perhaps the same root cause).

oh thats what you meant..yes this might help but i really can't find an old version either.

Why are you not exporting the animations with the geometry when you are importing it?

because there are no animations to export/import. this was a leftover from something i did previously. this was just a test skeleton to keep it simple.

Edited by BloodyHell006

I've tried comparing the Coronerras version skeleton.nif to the Growlf version in NifSkope but it's all way above my pay grade so I wasn't able to see anything (and quite possibly NifSkope isn't the proper tool for that job ... Blender and I decided a long time ago that we didn't need to work together).

Why are you not exporting the animations with the geometry when you are importing it?

because there are no animations to export/import. this was a leftover from something i did previously. this was just a test skeleton to keep it simple.

If you are not importing animations, why does the import settings have "Import Animation" active?

If you are not importing animations, why does the import settings have "Import Animation" active?

because i forgot to turn it off, if there are no animations it won't import any. i tried it without it but nothing changes, everything is still broken.and since it is also broken in nifskope, importing doesn't seem to be the main issue.

Edited by BloodyHell006