Alistair .mor file not working

Abhorsen207

Hi!

So years ago I fell in love with an Alistair face morph that is no longer available on nexusmods or anywhere else it seems.

I was overjoyed when I found in on my old hard disk. So I put in in my Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override . And now Alis face is all white and blurred and ugly and....ugh.

I deleted the whole game and put only that mod in the override folder. Now it looks different, but still absolute buggy.

The file name is hm_genfl_alistair.mor .

Any ideas? I can't remember that any other mods where necessary for this one to show properly.

If you remember the name of the mod that added the morph, someone might know what the requirements were.

Barring that, if you open the MOR in a GFF editor (like pyGFF), you can view the names of the textures used for the face. And then if you post that information, we may be able to point you toward the morph's requirements.

To find the texture information, after opening the file in your choice of GFF editor, expand the following nodes:

MORPH_NODES
2 (the string will start with 'FaceM1...)

MORPH_TEXTUREPARAM
0 (the value of the top of that tree will be 'mml_tDiffuse'

The second line under that should say MORPH_TEXTURE NAME; the information in the 'Value' column is the name of one texture.

The morph probably uses two textures, though.

So, under the MORPH_TEXTUREPARAM, expand the node labeled '2'. That's the blend texture; the value will be something like like 'mml_tAgeNormalMap'. The information in the 'Value' column line where it again says MORPH_TEXTURE NAME is the name of the second texture.

I'll try to post a printscreen of the expanded fields in a bit... I have to move over to a different PC to run modding tools.

1926794-1592241460.jpg

That's a PrintScreen of an Alistair MOR opened in pyGFF, with the two face textures indicated with the red markings. The morph in the image uses the same textures as his vanilla Bioware face, so at least one your MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME values will differ from my example.

Edited by theskymoves

Both textures (uh_hed_elfanoeyebags_0d.dds and uh_hed_kidab_0n.dds) are from Dracomies True Textures, which is part of Dragon Age Redesigned.

Download the 'main' package from the DA Redesigned page. Un-rar the archive, and then go to the 'Non-companion NPCs (contains Dracomies True Textures)' folder in the 'Dragon Age Origins' folder. Run the installer, and choose the option to install Dracomies True Textures. Your Alistair morph should have the face textures now.

Edited by theskymoves

Huh, I had DA Redesigned installed :huh:

Trying it right now. Have to install DA:O first...got so frustrated I deleted everything.....

Edit: Well, it looks better than before but still something is missing :D

https://imgur.com/a/hTCMK1p

Edit2: I TAKE IT BACK! Works fine now. Thanks so much. I am so so so happy right now. My little lamppost :laugh: Finally I can play again <3

https://imgur.com/a/IuKX6B0

Edited by Abhorsen207

• 1 month later...