107 replies to this topic

TheTokenGeek

TheTokenGeek

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 428 posts
In response to post #82421338.

Spoiler

Not in the slightest, which is why we are considering the winner for each of those compared to random giveaway like the vouchers.

We have a Nintendo Switch in the household and I truly love gaming on it. I think they are great systems and hope that whoever wins one throughout this competition feels the same way. :D

Loveblanket

Loveblanket

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
In response to post #82419203. #82419413, #82421318 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Exactly. We already have this on a thousand web sites.

Loveblanket

Loveblanket

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
In response to post #82421338. #82421763 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a d-bag, but what exactly is the point of your web site? We already have this in a million places from Metacritic to Steam reviews and they're barely taken seriously because you can't possibly curate all of that and because the reviews are a joke with people's personal crap always getting in the way. I just don't see this as becoming anything more than another social media cesspool full of hate and vitriol. What makes your site different? If I'm missing something I apologize in advance, but I genuinely don't understand what this site is about and I'm certainly done giving personal info to sites, especailly when they aren't very clear on what they're about.

TheTokenGeek

TheTokenGeek

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 428 posts
In response to post #82421338. #82421763, #82423523 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hey Loveblanket,

Totally get that the site might not be for everybody. That's the way of the world, and we're definitely not going to appeal to 100% of people.

The idea is that the site is a social hub for like-minded gamers. They can follow gamers they find are similar to them, and then see what games they have played or recommended. It gives users the options to see both long-form user reviews as well as more compact and 'to the point' reviews. I mentioned in the article, we're going to constantly evolve with ideas that we or our users have had.

As an aside, I use a site called Letterboxd.com to track my movies - it's more grassroots and community-driven than the big machine that is IMDB.com. I've found users who share my taste in movies and I get recommendations through them. I get gaming is a little different, the player is interacting, they are able to take screenshots, record gameplay, etc. But already I've found some games that I have never seen before through recommendations.

If you want to chat about any of it, give me more feedback or even some suggestions as to what would make it valuable to you (and others) then drop me a message.

TheTokenGeek

TheTokenGeek

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 428 posts
In response to post #82419928.

Spoiler

Thanks, SomewhatWindy.

We've still got a lot of work to do on the site, want to make the UX as good as we can for everyone. But yeah, we're ion the hard part now in regards to building the userbase! Fingers crossed we can get the name out there.

Jinxxed0

Jinxxed0

Face Eater

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
Will there be incentives to write reviews in the future (not prizes like this events, but regular incentive like other journalism sites)? I wouldn't expect that you'd pay for every review, but rather the top people who consistently produce great and original reviews. I could see people plagiarizing reviews if they could gain something from it from the very start. I've helped run a site similar this 10+ years with user submitted content and you get users who do that a lot.

A platform with well thought out reviews that's immune to brigading a game with negative reviews and doesn't get 10/10 ratings because they're afraid for "political" reasons would be really great. A site that just has well thought out reviews from "everyone" seems like exactly what we need. We sort of have it with Steam. Brigading usually happens which is a double edge sword because it has made developers back track on horrible choices, but it can be unfair to games that are okay without being too terrible. I personally see it as one of the only ways people can be heard because no one listens to them otherwise.

Maybe a way to mark a review with "Verified Game Owner" with API's would work. That way readers know for sure that the reviewer owns the game. That would be a game changer. I've been out of the website game for years, but it still interests me, especially when it comes to handling user submitted content

Edited by Jinxxed0, 26 June 2020 - 02:46 PM.

Ruler0fWorlds

Ruler0fWorlds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
In response to post #82421338. #82421763, #82423523, #82424183 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

It is good for finding games you thought you wouldn't like, finding games you didn't know existed. And leaving reviews on games you enjoy and don't enjoy all being in one place

Ruler0fWorlds

Ruler0fWorlds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
In response to post #82419203. #82419413, #82421318, #82423393 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

thats the thing, all your games are split up across epic games, steam, origin, battle.net, etc. While this is a place where you can review your game and look similar games in one place. Espically once they get stuff like hours played it'll make it all easier to keep track of the games you've played so you can share with friends

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

Adventurer, Gamer, Want to be a Member of the Explorers Guild.

• Premium Member
  • 2,977 posts
Wow! A new Toybox full of video games! I've got a Marvel Doctor Strange statue. He's holding up his hands and ready to open a portal so I can travel to your toybox full of video games @ your website.

Ruler0fWorlds

Ruler0fWorlds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
In response to post #82425003.

Spoiler

That would be a great content additon

Page loaded in: 1.182 seconds