Custom armor mashup is invisible ingame, even after checking that bodyslots/partitions match?

Deleted1790188User

This thread is mostly copy pasted from reddit as I'm trying to find help. I'm making progress on a custom armor mod, but unfortunately I've run into a hiccup - the armor shows up invisible ingame. It's in my inventory and I can equip it, but it's just my character running around naked, with the armor itself completely invisible. I've tried making sure my armor and armor addon slots for the body parts match up with those in the NIF - 32, 24 and 38 - and even tried remaking the mesh from the ground up, THEN doing that, but no luck. I've checked in the CK and in my mesh, and the partitions/slots used are 32, 34, 38 for every part of it, as far as I can tell. I've also tried putting it on with zero other mods to make sure there wasn't some interference happening, but it doesn't work in vanilla, either. If it matters, when trying to open the mesh with the CK, it shows, but I get the error 'Data array for partition does not match partition count' literally thousands of times.

I'm really not sure what else to try. Can anyone help? Advice is much appreciated, and if anyone is kind enough to take a look, I'll slap a dropbox link in here with the mod and the files. Please forgive me if it's really messy and poorly done - this is my first time, and most of the guides I'm following are either incomplete or out of date, so I'm fumbling a lot. Thanks very much for any help!

WHELP, the fastest way to fix an issue is to post about it. I refuse to be one of the assholes who just says 'fixed' and leaves someone searching for an answer screaming 'WHAT DID YOU DO' months down the line, so the solution for me was: I had to enable the races under 'additional races in the CK.' That's it. I just looked at the Thieves Guild Cuirass and noticed that difference in the armor, so I went through and ticked all the same races, and voila! Hopefully this helps someone else down the line. :)

• 1 year later...

WHELP, the fastest way to fix an issue is to post about it. I refuse to be one of the assholes who just says 'fixed' and leaves someone searching for an answer screaming 'WHAT DID YOU DO' months down the line, so the solution for me was: I had to enable the races under 'additional races in the CK.' That's it. I just looked at the Thieves Guild Cuirass and noticed that difference in the armor, so I went through and ticked all the same races, and voila! Hopefully this helps someone else down the line. :smile:

This helped me. Thank you :)