Little request about Cousland Family Sword

alduin78

Hi everybody,

I'm writing here to make a little request about modifying the base damage of the Cousland Family Sword in Dragon Age: Origins.

I would like to do this by myself, instead of bother asking here but unfortunately i can't install the Toolkit no matter what i do or which tutorial i follow to install it (i bought Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition on GOG)...

I like the idea to use the family Sword for all the game lenght and also in Awakening if possible, but it isn't much powerful, and i would like it to be a weapon like 1 hit, 1 kill...

So i'm asking here if someone could be so kind to make a dazip (or how is called the equivalent of Skyrim esp file fro Dragon Age Origins) for me with the Cousland Family Sword base damage modified to be deadly, having 100, or 500, or 1000 instead of its 7 almost 8 game damage....

Thanks in advance for reading.

Regards,

Alduin78

Edited by alduin78

Thanks for pointing me there, i yet followed those tutorials, but without success, it always seems to be unable to find the database and i have to close it...I have the Toolkit included in the GOG game...

Edited by alduin78

for theskymoves:

Everytime i install it, it says:

Error while opening the file for writing: c:\ program files (x86)\common files\bioware\uninstall dragon age toolset.exe

then the 3 options abort, retry or ignore, i choose ignore and install it, then when i open it says:

Unable to connect to the database

then it says to check the toolset wiki page at bioware and that this toolset has to be closed...

I installed everything it needs, and run as administrator both the install and the laucher...

You too had this problem when installing it? Thanks in advance for your infos and assistance.

Yikes. When I posted, I was trying to point you to information on how to edit item attributes without the toolset, but I can't get the page to load for some reason, so I deleted the text of my post... the toolset links are just my sig. (Which I should probably remove.)

The page that isn't working for me is https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1101085-editing-uti-files-in-dragon-age/, in case the problem is on my end.

Sorry for any confusion... there's no way to delete a post from the forums, else I would have done that.

Yikes. When I posted, I was trying to point you to information on how to edit item attributes without the toolset, but I can't get the page to load for some reason, so I deleted the text of my post... the toolset links are just my sig. (Which I should probably remove.)

The page that isn't working for me is https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1101085-editing-uti-files-in-dragon-age/, in case the problem is on my end.

Sorry for any confusion... there's no way to delete a post from the forums, else I would have done that.

Don't worry, and thanks for helping me, i read that page and downloaded the tools you wanted to tell me...Now i have to understand how this works, my only modding experience is with Skyrim and creation kit...I see you made a lot of mods for Dragon Age Origins, i'll check them!

You said you got no DA Origins modding experience only with Skyrim and Creation Kit

IMO

I would say the pyGFF editor that TSM linked you to will be best for you to use

TSM rationale is to increase the damage bonus from the family sword but your request to increase the base damage in something that requires way more work to do ultimately same outcome for damage output

If you are insistent to go that route and asking about how to properly do it then create a topic in Dragon Age Builder Troubleshooting and ask questions there

You said you got no DA Origins modding experience only with Skyrim and Creation Kit

IMO

I would say the pyGFF editor that TSM linked you to will be best for you to use

TSM rationale is to increase the damage bonus from the family sword but your request to increase the base damage in something that requires way more work to do ultimately same outcome for damage output

If you are insistent to go that route and asking about how to properly do it then create a topic in Dragon Age Builder Troubleshooting and ask questions there

Well i just bought Dragon Age Origins few days ago, while i started play rpg with Gothic and Oblivion, i thought it was simple to install the toolset and learn to use it...I will make some further tries, and then as you suggest i'll start a proper topic in Dragon Age Builder Troubleshooting, thanks for the infos!

You could just use the winter forge mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/122/

While it might be a little confusing to use at first, once you get the hang of it, you can change the specs of any weapon or armor to godlike status.

Well i downloaded and tried it, but i can't find how to modify the family weapon specs, all i can do is craft a new sword, i serached for tutorials about modify the existing weapon damage, but they are mostly focused on enchanting, if you know tutorials that can help me could you please link them here? Thanks for the help...