Please stop begging for money

Armathyx

b) You and the others who commented thus far (except for the admin) are premium users, which puts you in a pretty bad position to make any kind of comment on this.

This is an egregious non sequitur.

Querentium infinitus est numerus.

Remember how Nexus used to be? Log in, browse through all the mods you could imagine, not being bothered even just once with "premium" advertisement on the website?

You know, the Internet Archive Wayback Machine site actually has a snapshot of the day you made an account on the Nexus: https://web.archive.org/web/20170921172537/https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/?

Guess what banner is in the top left corner of the webpage? So much for your argument.

On a more personal note: I've been a member here for just over a decade now, but I've only been a premium member here for less then a year. Guess what banner I've seen for over 9 years?

Guys, I really love all the support for Nexus here, but I'd like to think the OP got the message by now. :sweat:

Well if a tack hammer can drive in a tack wouldn't a sledge hammer drive it in even better?? Hehe

I find it funny that:

a) You side with the people whose job is to separate you from your money,

It might have something to do with them actually providing what their advertising says it does.

b) You and the others who commented thus far (except for the admin) are premium users, which puts you in a pretty bad position to make any kind of comment on this.

Nah bro, this puts us in a much better position to complain about what you're doing than you seem to realize.

i've modded a bit ... i do it for love of the challenge, but also a little anal-retentiveness and wanting to make something i see better. i ask more for reputation, although at this point i'm multiple entities and honestly much prefer coding w/ a language than a limited script. even java-script is better than obse. i do it for love of the game.

i honestly hate people who are un-proactive to a community, yet want to whine about slight annoyances, if you don't contribute to the root and want free, what exactly are you offering to the platform that offers this culmination of like-minded individuals? it's a earnest question. bandwidth, server storage all of this cost money. the people writing the script don't ask anything directly, although if one has the capacity to allot some capital for their efforts, allot some simply for the simple fact that nexus is a platform defined on making games released well before perfection as is most software ... us behind the curtains welcome the challenge. we welcome the idea of adding to the base and helping in uniform to create a beautiful structure from a good concept in hopes of making it great.

abandon the idea of not even offering a moment of one's time for an endorsement, a vote for a kudo, a trivial donation that might amount to one hour of work at Macdonald's to give thanks for this platform. they have a word for such, it's called a opportunistic leech that feeds off the humble work of others, i have no sympathy for such whining. deal with it.

Guest deleted34304850

Guys, I really love all the support for Nexus here, but I'd like to think the OP got the message by now. :sweat:

Well if a tack hammer can drive in a tack wouldn't a sledge hammer drive it in even better?? Hehe

Have a kudos for this superb analogy!

Have a kudos for this superb analogy!

LOL ... does this mean we're going steady now??

I find it funny that:

a) You side with the people whose job is to separate you from your money,

How much do you pay a month for your Internet?

As premium users, it's means we support the site, and like any other site, want to enjoy the convenience of faster download speeds.

Being inconvenienced for 5 seconds on each download is apparently too much to ask of you, so you pine for "Ye Olden Days" of 2017, when things were good.

BTW, you have given ZERO Endorsements to any mods, so I doubt your line about Donating to modders carries any weight, I mean, it's ONE BUTTON you can voluntarily press, that you haven't done for three whole years, because you can't even be bothered to do that, in three years you made your first post today, and it was complaining about the site being a little bit more inconvenient to use for YOU, while writing out this Manifesto of "THE NEXUS WE WANT", when it's quite obvious you don't care to participate AT ALL.

I bought Lifetime back in 2008, it's more than paid for itself in these 12 years.

Man can you believe this,

The reason I used a 1 forum post 2017 account to make this thread was specifically for anonymity. Frankly this is why our stats should be hidden, that way we can actually focus on the topic at hand and not derail into these defensive ass "but your account this" accusations that bring nothing to the table.

What matters is that we can all agree having invasive premium advertisements all over the place makes this website feel like one of those shady indian websites from which you'd torrent Sony Vegas or the Adobe Suite. It wasn't this way back in the early 10's and it still ran, so the whole "but the website needs money to run" argument is mediocre at best.

Also,

It might have something to do with them actually providing what their advertising says it does.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8824178-slow-download-speed-premium/

Edited by Armathyx

What matters is that we can all agree having invasive premium advertisements all over the place makes this website feel like one of those shady indian websites from which you'd torrent Sony Vegas or the Adobe Suite. It wasn't this way back in the early 10's and it still ran, so the whole "but the website needs money to run" argument is mediocre at best.

Back on May 1st, 2012, Nexus Mods had only 3,764,120 members. Today, Nexus Mods has 21,801,730 members. That's roughly an increase of about 2.2 million users per year, every year, for 8 years. And all those users are downloading mods, which takes up bandwidth, and that bandwidth costs a huge amount of money, as outlined on the Expenses page.

In other words: the website needs money to run. And if you don't like how it is being run, then offer some constructive criticism. How would you go about making money to run Nexus Mods? What would you, as a user, change to make the site better? How would you improve Premium service so that more people buy in and actually support the site?