Mods not working

jimmydiddly

I have the Steam DA:O Ultimate Edition.

None of the mods are working. DAzips and overrides don't work, even the simple drag and drop mods aren't working.

The directory is something like Documents/Bioware/Packages/Core/Override that I put them in.

In the steam folder the packages/core folder doesn't even have an override folder.

What am I doing wrong here

Where would it be?

I haven't found much searching on the internet other than that the directory might be something like Libraries/Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age/characters but I don't have a characters folder. It's not in the Steam folder either.

EDIT: k apparently I need to actually make a character to have a characters folder.

The full path is

Libraries/Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/Characters

Edited by jimmydiddly

"Libraries" isn't a path. It's a "symbolic-link" for "one-or-more paths". :laugh:

If you click in the address bar at the top of the File Explorer screen, you'll see that the display switches to the actual path.

But in any case, with a standard install when an author's instructions say, "drop it in the override folder" they mean:

"<data disk>:\<user's documents>\Bioware\Dragon Age\packages\core\override".

(So under WinXP: "C:\<username>\My Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\packages\core\override".)

If you have chosen a non-standard location for either the Dragon Age user files specifically, or your data files generally, you know that and can adjust accordingly. :thumbsup:

Steam, the EA/Origin Store, and other digital content management systems change the locations of the game's Program Files in different (but predictable and well-known) ways. But with Dragon Age, they don't change the location of the user's data files.

Well... you have selected three of the most complex mods there are! :tongue:

Unlike most mods, all three of them require multiple steps to get working, and in the case of "DA-Redesigned", a fairly sophisticated understanding of the game's installation. (The fact that BioWare used the exact same folder structure in two different contexts doesn't help.)

Successfully using any one of those mods means following the author's instructions exactly, and in the case of at least two of them (are you're trying to use "NBaio"?) employing some additional utilities to get them working.

If you are determined to get those three running, we can help.

If you'd rather use simpler mods, look for the ones where the author says "Just drop in your override folder." :thumbsup: