Mods not working

jimmydiddly

The more hairstyles one says I could just extract it into my override folder and it would work so I thought that one was simple.

The other two I used DAOMM where it has you drop the dazip/override files into the mod folders, then installing them through the mod manager and configuring them from there but they still don't work. I followed the instructions pretty closely I thought unless I missed something major. Everywhere I looked everyone said modding the steam version of DA:O was the same as bioware with the same folder directories so I just used the file paths used in the guide which went through the documents/bioware/dragon age file path rather than the programs(86x) file path that goes through steamapps to similar folders but evidently not the same since the steam folder for core doesn't haven an override folder.

Not the slightest idea where I went wrong here. I had at least hoped the more hairstyles "just extract the archive into your override directory" one would work well enough but even that didn't work.

As the instructions for "More Hairstyles" indicate, it may not work correctly if you have (or have EVER had) any other mod that makes changes in the Character Creator:

============

COMPATIBILITY

============

Any mod that modifies the Character Creator screen will likely conflict.

In this case, you can usually edit the file "chargenmorphcfg.xml" yourself to merge the changes (with wordpad or any text editor). Read the comments thread if you need help...

"DA-Redesigned" has some of the most complex installation steps of any mod:

Installing Dracomies True Textures

1. Double-click the folder called "Dragon Age Redesigned Version ______"

2. Double click Dragon Age Age Redesigned

3. Double-click Dragon Age Origins

4. Double-click Noncompanions

5. Double-click Dragon Age Redesigned Version ___.exe

6. Click Next

7. Choose the bubble called "Dracomies True textures"

If you have a copy of Windows Vista or Windows 7, make the files go to your override folder. Whenever you have installed mods in the past, they go in a particular override folder. Make the installer point the files to that exact folder. In the case with Windows Vista and Windows 7, it may point it to "Documents" but the installer is pointing to "My Documents" so have it go to your override folder where you have been installing mods in the past. Let it go to the same folder.

Installing changes for noncompanions

Please keep in mind that installing the Noncompanions require prior installation of Dracomies Textures

Do steps 1 through 6 as above.

Choose between Recommended, Aesthetics and Enhanced Lore.

Installing changes for companions

When installing the changes to companions, please keep in mind that they will require prior installation of Dracomies True Textures. The instructions on how to do so are listed above. Also with regards to companions, please refer to the images as some companion designs require other resources and mods which are separate from this mod. This mod does not change companions until you instruct it to do so. In other words, if you want to install a new face for Zevran, you would need to physically open up the Zevran folder. I made the mod this way as I wanted to give flexibility for those who have particular designs that they use for companion designs

Here are the instructions on installing companions:

Do steps 1 through 3

Choose Companion NPCs folder

Then choose a companion and install the associated version.

There's a different version per character..ie there are 7 versions of Morrigan to choose from.

For a visual explanation of the steps above, be sure to read the included PDF manual which is included with Dragon Age Redesigned.

And "Natural Bodies" (even if you aren't using the all-in-one version) has additional files that need to be placed in the correct location:

Install

=================

- Remove previous versions of Natural Bodies.

- Unzip the files in NB_100_core.7z on your computer.

- Put the extracted "NaturalBodies 1.00" folder into My Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/packages/core/override

- See readme for add-ins install ( body variants )

- Or use the override file with the DAO Modmanager (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=277)

So maybe you could try a simpler, stand-alone mod like "Map Textures" and see what happens?

• 1 year later...

Umm I've downloaded Modmanager and It says just to drag a override file onto the modmanager and it installs it or you but i have a few files that do not come under override or zip file when i drag them over it keeps telling me "this is not a override file " or "this is not a zip file" or whatever and when i try the copy and paste into the override file as it says in the installation description it still does not work! Seriously what the duck! am i doing wrong! XD

• 11 months later...

Hello,

This topic is quite old, but, I just reinstalled DA:O, and my .override files aren't working anymore.

I did everything like the first time, but... No, the mods are not recognized anymore.

I even used DAM to install the override files, and it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Edited by Xanh