Linux, v 1.15: Vortex creates {GAME} dir in downloads?

runswithascript

Firstly, I am a Ubuntu user and I am using v 1.1.15 as the Lutris script to install Vortex specifically prompts the user during setup to disconnect from the Internet and disable updates.

I would like to create a Vortex directory structure where at the top level there each is {GAME} directory, and inside each one downloads and mods.

i.e: skyrimse - downloads

- mods

fallout4 - downloads

- mods

With Skyrim SE selected in Vortex, if I set my mods directory to /.../games/tools/vortex/skyrimse/mods this works fine. For downloads if I set the directory to /.../games/vortex/skyrimse/downloads Vortex will then automatically create another directory /.../games/vortex/skyrimse/downloads/skyrimse which seems kind of messy.

This is just a minor issue, but if I could make Vortex not create a second skyrimse directory I would like to. Can you tell me please, is that possible with this version of Vortex?

PS +1 native linux support.

Edit: v 1.1.15, mod can you please edit the title?

We don't currently support the Linux build (or outdated versions of the main app), but this isn't something you can change IIRC. You may simply want to restructure your file system to be games/vortex/mods/{game} and games/vortex/downloads/{game}?

We don't currently support the Linux build (or outdated versions of the main app), but this isn't something you can change IIRC. You may simply want to restructure your file system to be games/vortex/mods/{game} and games/vortex/downloads/{game}?

Yes, that is what I have been doing but the vortex video guides I have watched show users doing it the other neater way, /vortex/{game}/mods, and /vortex/{game}/downloads. I have now just set my downloads dir to /vortex/{game}/downloads/ and I have let vortex create /vortex/{game}/downloads/{game} as it seems the closest I can get to what I am trying to do?

Yes, that is what I have been doing but the vortex video guides I have watched show users doing it the other neater way, /vortex/{game}/mods, and /vortex/{game}/downloads. I have now just set my downloads dir to /vortex/{game}/downloads/ and I have let vortex create /vortex/{game}/downloads/{game} as it seems the closest I can get to what I am trying to do?

I don't like the way that video guide is setting up the folder structure at all

It's much cleaner and neater to just have

/vortex/mods/{game}

vortex/downloads/{game}

Because you end up with this:

vortex/mods/skyrimse

vortex/mods/fallout4

vortex/downloads/skyrimse

vortex/downloads/fallout4

Because vortex is going to want to create this:

/vortex/{game}/mods/{game}

and