Console Command Problems

Watermelon183

So I have enabled my console and have a mod to let me see what I am typing but there is a problem some commands just don't work even tho I have typed them correctly and was wondering why.

For example If i type in "runscript additem gen_im_gem_dia x" (x being the number I want) it fails or if I put "runscript additem gen_im_mana_401 x" it also does not work.

But things like "runscript zz_reveal_map" or "runscript zz_killallhostiles" work fine, was testing different commands.

any idea why? and how I could get the add item commands and others to work?

Did you also install an additem script mod, such as AddItem Script - Console or AddItem with Console Improved? There is no built-in additem console script for DAO, and thus requires installation of a script to specifically call the item to be added. (The scripts you indicate are working correctly are, on the other hand, native debug scripts, and do not require any additional files.)

You are mis-remembering. There's never been a way to use 'runscript additem' without installing a modded script like the ones linked above. On the other hand, the two 'runscript zz_' debug scripts mentioned are native to the game, which is why they worked.

The items you've listed will be obtainable IF the item is specifically included in the script by the modder. Both the scripts linked above include most items from the base game and Awakening... not sure if other DLC items are included. (There should be a reference document in the download that lists every item obtainable via the script.)

With a very few exceptions, Items added by mods will not be obtainable with that script, and will require using the item-specific runscript.

Edited by theskymoves