Game freezes upon werewolf transformation

RacerPlume

When the PC attempts to transform into a werewolf, the game freezes and the computer must be rebooted.

Searching on the web seems to show that I'm the only one who has ever had this problem, so I'm stumped. I looked at the scripts and so on, and finally narrowed it down to the Bloodmoon function BecomeWerewolf, because when I type just that into the console (Player->BecomeWerewolf), it freeze-crashes the same way: The last thing I see are two werewolf arms dangling from above the field of view. That's when the game freezes and cannot even be alt-tabbed out.

I could seriously use guidance on how to investigate this problem. Corrupt werewolf mesh? I have no clue at this point.

Thanks!

Edited by RacerPlume

Using any mods? Post your mod list, ideally in load order, and the contents of warnings.txt after one of these freezes.

Thanks for the reply, Dragon32! But I just realized that it's one of my own mods causing this crash. :pinch: Haha. One of my scripts accidentally was attempting to start a script every single frame when the PC was a werewolf. I commented that part out and the crashes stopped.