Built new PC, Fallout 4 and mods are still present but cant config Vortex

Sulfurous1980

Hi,

Yesterday I finished building my new PC and I kept the SSDs with my Stream games. I did fix the installations of these games within Steam and they work. Now I'm trying to fix my mods for Fallout 4 and do not understand how or if they can be.

So yesterday I reinstalled Vortex and it found my Fallout 4 installation. It said that I needed to changed my "Mod Staging Folder" to an empty one. I tried my folder staging folder but it wouldn't accept it, it only accepted an empty folder so I created a new one and entered it.

Today I started Vortex and got a "cyclic Interaction" error message. I have added a screenshot of the error message. I'm not sure what to do about this or if anything can be done about my mods. I have more than 100 of them and really don't feel/want to download them manually and reinstall them one by one.

Is there a solution to fixing this?

Thank you for your time

Sulfurous1980

A lot of this is speculative, to get you going until an authority chimes in.

First, for future reference, if you are moving your games, Purge first. That breaks the links to your game directories. If you don't do that, you need to physically clean your game directories of all mod traces.

As long as you saved the Vortex download directories, you never have to download the mods again. Just install them again.

You have to start with a new mod staging directory. Speculation: If I was desperate, I would try copying in the contents of the old mod staging directory. Might work, might not.

If you want to move a Vortex installation to a new computer, you have to copy the directory C:/Users/<userid>/AppData/Roaming/Vortex. That is where Vortex keeps all the details of your installation.

Cyclic rule errors are not really a problem. Open that mod and delete one of the rules.

A screen shot of your Vortex mod page would help at this point.

Hi,

Yesterday I finished building my new PC and I kept the SSDs with my Stream games. I did fix the installations of these games within Steam and they work. Now I'm trying to fix my mods for Fallout 4 and do not understand how or if they can be.

So yesterday I reinstalled Vortex and it found my Fallout 4 installation. It said that I needed to changed my "Mod Staging Folder" to an empty one. I tried my folder staging folder but it wouldn't accept it, it only accepted an empty folder so I created a new one and entered it.

Today I started Vortex and got a "cyclic Interaction" error message. I have added a screenshot of the error message. I'm not sure what to do about this or if anything can be done about my mods. I have more than 100 of them and really don't feel/want to download them manually and reinstall them one by one.

Is there a solution to fixing this?

Thank you for your time

Sulfurous1980

You have every single option for scrap everything installed.

Scrap Everything ULTIMATE is Scrap everything with ALL of the DLCs Included, meaning if you have all the DLCs, then you only need the SCRAP everything ULTIMATE esp, but according to the error message, you also have the LOOSE DLC Scrap Everything ESPs installed and the CORE.esp installed as well.

YOu also don't need the CORE esp either.