so i have all my games stored in a flash drive...if i'm using that term right, flash drive. wherein i can just put it in a different computer and it just works right away. i'm gonna get more progress in kotor 1 and see if i get the problem and all...

i found a video of what you were trying to say...

standby...lol..

Yes, but I don't understand how you're able to move entire games from computer to computer, since they usually add some Registry Entries when installed.

They're not "Portable", because some write data to the appdata folder, along with writing to the Documents, or Documents/My Games folder, you can't just zip up a Game's Install Folder and copy it to another Computer and it "Just Works"

hmmm...good question...i'm gonna try right now how to put my oblivion into my other next laptop...

Edited by DrifterKane91

so i have all my games stored in a flash drive...if i'm using that term right, flash drive. wherein i can just put it in a different computer and it just works right away. i'm gonna get more progress in kotor 1 and see if i get the problem and all...

standby...lol..

Yes, but I don't understand how you're able to move entire games from computer to computer, since they usually add some Registry Entries when installed.

They're not "Portable", because some write data to the appdata folder, along with writing to the Documents, or Documents/My Games folder, you can't just zip up a Game's Install Folder and copy it to another Computer and it "Just Works"

hmmm...good question...i'm gonna try right now how to put my oblivion into my other next laptop...

If Oblivion hasn't been installed on that laptop before, it shouldn't work, because there won't be any registry entries for it

standby...lol..

Oh...right...registry keys...no matter...i'll just have to play as many different combinations of games that i have on my laptops...until i get a desktop computer to more smoothly play my old video games...i've got the time...

but i have a question...does the transferring of mods?...would that work?...

how about saves?...what do you think about them?...

the games with registry keys that i have are two worlds 1, mass effect 1, and i believe neverwinter nights 1 and 2.

but like i said no matter...because all the video games i'm playing are long and i'm playing as many combinations with them...

oh yeah, just one more question...do you think kotor 1 and 2 would work fine transferring to other computers with my hard drives?...

and before you ask...yes...i see value in playing games with combinations of different things. these are old games and my laptops won't burn out for a while...

but anyways, thanks for bringing that to my attention...

i can always put it down in paper records of what i finish...it's just experience after all, right?...and maybe some emotion too...

oh, but i do have one super question...do you think oblivion would work on another with my hard drive?...

Edited by DrifterKane91

standby...lol..

ohhhh...what if i install it on my desktop computer...first...and then put the mods and saves in?...would that work?...

i'm pretty sure this is my last question...

i just don't play very modern games. it wouldn't be too much of a hassle in the end...i'm sure a desktop computer will introduce me some effectiveness...

i'm just glad i'm getting the experience that i have on my laptops...

in the end...thank you for all these information on these hard drives...something totally new to me as far as games go.

you know the funny thing about it...i play with cheats...so i can cover more ground and dialogue...that's how i see rpgs...

replaying them on my desktop computer is not much of a task.

now i know what to be intent with with certain items like hard drives...much thanks...and enjoy your adventures and progress too...

thank god i have other projects in life as well that are pure entertainment as well...that i do a lot and make major progress...

again...much thanks and good days and good luck to you...all of you...

Edited by DrifterKane91

Any game you have on a flash drive shouldn't even RUN if copied to another computer if they have registry entries, and will instead complain that they aren't installed properly and only give you the option of clicking "OK" and dropping to the Desktop.

There is no 'legal' way to do what you're claiming, or thinking of doing,.

Any game you have on a flash drive shouldn't even RUN if copied to another computer if they have registry entries, and will instead complain that they aren't installed properly and only give you the option of clicking "OK" and dropping to the Desktop.

There is no 'legal' way to do what you're claiming, or thinking of doing,.

true..but i could always take paper records...most games i plan on buying don't have registry entries...or at least i don't think so...i play ancient games like jedi knight dark forces 2...as well...and have a lot of plans like those games...i don't really have that many games in the first place...

but thanks for the heads up...good information...and i spend a lot of time on the laptops as it is...with your knowledge...perhaps i will see to it i'll get a couple of playthroughs done...and play other variations of the game if need be on my desktop computer...i'll buy separate hard drives for extra desktop computers and stuff...with mods or no...it's the still the same game solely with mods or no...and different variations i wanna do with it...solely speaking...but once again thanks for the help...

but don't worry...i have a lot of youtube and netflix and all this i wanna do...

anyways...if there is anything more i need...i'll contact these forums...

yeah, i know...weird...it's like i wanna make a relationship with my eyes and the texts...like school again...lol...jesus...

i find modern games toxic for some reason...i see a lot of worth with a lot of mods or no mods...different experiences and emotions...but solely the same...

of course, i'm not gonna do anything illegal considering everything i said and everything i go by.

Edited by DrifterKane91

it's the beauty of what i do...and how i think is some real good stuff...i would rather do it tons of times than never...it kinda feels like soul searching in lessons...there's a lot of philosophy in branches of the games and stuff i like...it's the beauty of a comfort branch in one's soul...so to speak...

If I've understood the Oblivion question correctly yes if you installed Oblivion on two different machines you could transfer your character, saves and mods from one to the other using your flashdrive. In addition to the game's Data folder (so all the mods) and Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves folder (save files) you will need the Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder (Oblivion.ini etc) and the Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Oblivion folder (Plugins.txt etc).

If I've understood the Oblivion question correctly yes if you installed Oblivion on two different machines you could transfer your character, saves and mods from one to the other using your flashdrive. In addition to the game's Data folder (so all the mods) and Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves folder (save files) you will need the Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder (Oblivion.ini etc) and the Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Oblivion folder (Plugins.txt etc).

okay, did so. i don't believe there's any such things for morrowind? like morrowind's saves is morrowind's saves?...because when i went to users...i didn't see any morrowind stuff...

thanks for the heads up though.

as far as appdata goes...it didn't show up for oblivion...although i think i transferred everything i need...everything there is at least.

how about for titles like neverwinter nights 2 or 1...or even kotor 1 and 2...

if i have it properly installed with my game discs...would that mean my desktop computer would accept my mods and saves too?

i know for sure two worlds 1 has registry keys...if i install it on my desktop computer...then put the saves in...would that work?...

anyways i can't be too happy to not play neverwinter nights 1 and 2 until i get my desktop computer...lol...you know. just to be safe...

i understand windows 7 is good with all these old games?...

thanks, i appreciate everything.

oblivion is gonna be awesome on my desktop computer...windows 7...desktop computer style...such is a good life...cause i'm playing as many combos as possible playing on oblivion...with paper records of all things...haha...at least my mods are gonna work...and if my wrye bash doesn't work automatically...it's a simple procedure to install wrye bash for oblivion...

Edited by DrifterKane91