Cyberpunk 2077

CommanderCrazy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited about this game even though I never played the original pen&paper game.

But I made some research and I came up with info I don't see anyone posted on this forum yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be an open-world,free roaming,non-linear RPG based on the pen&paper RPG of the same name "Cyberpunk".

In year 2077 tech implants are mainstream and most rich people are cyborgs,and there is a new kind of entertainment that is trending,which lets you re-live experiences of other people. This entertainment comes in some form of drugs,and by using it you can feel everything someone else felt. You will see what he saw,hear what he heard,feel the sentimental feelings he felt,feel how he felt on his body..

The drugs are branded legally by some mega-corporation. People tend to use these drugs to experience how it feels to be someone else who done other things. For example you might drug yourself to feel how a serial killer felt when he first killed,without ever killing yourself,or feel how a rockstar feels when he performs with thousands of people listening to him. But it turns up that as with any other drugs, there are withdrawal,overdose,and addiction symptoms. So every now and then someone goes on a psychotic rampage confusing reality with the entertainment,and with the help of the mainstream implants he has, he wreaks havok and murder dozens of people on the streets.

The game will be 'mature' as CD PROJECT means it,dark and grimy,and you will be able to create your own character.

It will be a story-heavy non linear experience in an open world.

Its leveling system,skills etc is said to be the closest possible transfer of the system the original pen&paper RPG had.

Developers said that their aim is to achieve in-game graphics that will be of the same level as the graphics appearing on the trailer.

The release date is not known,as developers say "when it's ready".

Now here is my opinion:

I'm excited with it even though I haven't played the pen&paper game. But I have played other p&p games and loved them (DnD). Now the transfer of a pen&paper RPG to a videogame,with all the systems,freedom and setting sounds like something marvelous could come out of it. Knowing how CD PROJECT treats its fans its making this game more attractive. CD PROJECT can write very good stories,and develops characters very well. But I have yet to see them making an open world game like TES or GTA. The only thing I disliked on Witcher 2 was the UI/menus,and the navigation system. If they learn from The Witcher 2 and improve on these two things,I have faith that their next game will probably rock. Now I might compare it to Witcher,because its the other series we have seen from this developer,but of course its setting is going to be quite different,and it will be a truly open world game,that will also allow you to create your own character. I don't know how they will do on these aspects. But I am optimistic. The other thing that excited me is the promised graphics fidelity of that game. That gave me mixed feelings actually. From one point of view,it seems we will finally see a game that in vanilla state surpass the Crysis series in graphics. Something that is quite a milestone considering 6 years after Crysis there is hardly any games even catching up to it.On the other side I'm concerned about my wallet... I'm afraid I'll have to spend quite some money for a hardware upgrade. Another thing worth mentioning is that this is going to have far more development time than the Witcher games have. That could mean a bigger / more fleshed out game.

Edited by Alithinos

I've been looking for a good cyberpunk game. I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out.

Was Dishonor not a good one for you?

as far as i know (since i havent played it) Dishonored isnt Cyberpunk. it looked more Steampunky if anything, but deff not Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is more along the lines of Deus Ex or something. there arent many Cyberpunk games out there its a rarely explored "punk", so its hard to compare it to current games.

I've been looking for a good cyberpunk game. I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out.

as far as i know (since i havent played it) Dishonored isnt Cyberpunk. it looked more Steampunky if anything, but deff not Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is more along the lines of Deus Ex or something. there arent many Cyberpunk games out there its a rarely explored "punk", so its hard to compare it to current games.

Whoops! You're right. I always get the two genre confused.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

• 2 weeks later...

Dishonored is good. It's great, in fact. As others have said, however, it's not cyberpunk.

Dishonored is good. It's great, in fact. As others have said, however, it's not cyberpunk.

Yeah, I got my genres mixed up there.

I heard somewhere that the teasers were more like proof of concept. They wan't to build an open world story driven RPG, something their devs have no experience in (open world). They want to hire more people with experience making these kind of games; programmers, modelers, world builders, artists, etc. Long story short, don't expect it to release soon.

And here's the page.

CDP RED Job Listing