Fallout 4 mods re-install after loading save file, everything becomes unequipped, fists are equipped, weapon mod quests reset, pipboy becomes invis...

ZxAsriel

Fallout 4 randomly crashed and I was like "okay, I'll just load my previous save before the crash"

I go in, load my save and all my mod's installed have their pop ups start up again as if I just installed them, my character has their fists equipped, and the pipboy becomes completely invisible. I have never witnessed tomf*#@ery on such a grand scale before.And since it re-equips everything, I soon get a crash to desktop in which the game freezes up, THANKS todd howard.

Edited by ZxAsriel

How many mods are you running?

It only started occuring when I suffered a crash using this weapon, I found a rapid variant of it that was set to nuclear cluster, only when this weapon crashed my game did this sh*t start happening: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45415?tab=description , and now it happens on any / all my characters. I tried deleting the corrupted data, no use. I tried reinstalling every mod again, no use. Used loot and cleaned my mods and reinstalled updates for ones originally unstable which NOW are stable: nothing.

Is there a way to count all enabled mods at once via ac vortex hotkey?

scanning...

finding enabled files...

two hundred and seventy five; most of them being armor tweaks, weapon mods, weapon mod mods, and of course; whispering hills.

scanning...

finding enabled files...

two hundred and seventy five; most of them being armor tweaks, weapon mods, weapon mod mods, and of course; whispering hills.

And there ya go. There is a hard limit of 255 esp/esm files, and that includes the base game, and any dlcs you may have. ESL files do NOT count however. If you are still over 255, then you need to prune some mods from your load list, or merge some of the smaller ones into one file.

scanning...

finding enabled files...

And there ya go. There is a hard limit of 255 esp/esm files, and that includes the base game, and any dlcs you may have. ESL files do NOT count however. If you are still over 255, then you need to prune some mods from your load list, or merge some of the smaller ones into one file.

How would I go about merging my standalone weapon mods?

I know how to drag a .7ZIP to the download box, but don't know the steps to store data from multiple mods in a stable condition.

Do I just have the mod names inside the .7ZIP directory if I make a .7ZIP? Or do I just put the content like the textures and everything in the file?

Example of just having the mod names:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

StandAloneMegaPack.7ZIP contains this in it's entirety of it's directory:

GoldPistol.ZIP > Opening it would reveal: (Data, texture, goldbullet, and ESMs)

WattzLasergun.ZIP > Opening it would reveal the data texture ESM and ESP files, same as above, same as below.

WHMK22 Heavy MachineGun REDUX V 1.1C.ZIP

WaltherP99.ZIP

Viper Armory Inc. Bogey-7120 Military 10MM pistol - bogey-7120 10MM Pistol Eng Lazy.ZIP

ThrowableMiniNukes.ZIP

WH-77 Modular LSW REDUX.ZIP

--------------------------------------------------------------------

example of just having the content in the directory:

StandaloneMegaWeaponsPackNoDirectories.7ZIP , containing the following:

DATA all in one ZIP, opening it reveals it mixes BSL's and ESP'S like this example:

WattzLaserGun - Main.ba2

WattzLaserGun - Textures.ba2
WattzLaserGun.esp
P99.esp < (!) Different weapon ESP