Hair clipping after extracting headgear meshes

So I accidentally extracted all vanilla headgear meshes into the data folder, after that hair are no more fitted on NPC's heads (there are bald spots, sometimes haircuts are a little bigger and there are gaps between haircut and head). Also, hairscuts are clipping through any headgear that didn't use hair slot, and that flattened smaller hair meshes that can be seen when wearing berets, roving trader hat, most cowboy hats, etc no longer appear.

I don't use any hair replacers or anything that changes vanilla hair.

I tried deleting the extracted meshes, but no luck.

Edited by dudeapocalypse

Sounds like missing egm files. Why did you even extract the meshes? If you deleted all of the loose files then it should technically work again, though I'm not sure why it even was an issue to begin with unless the game won't read egm files packed into an archive when the hair nif is a loose file.

Edited by AusAllerWelt

Sounds like missing egm files.

Could you elaborate on that? Do I need to extract them from game files or set some paths or something

Why did you even extract the meshes?

I just was going to extract just one file (one of the cowboy hats world mesh to use for the Raul's sombrero) but pressed the wrong button in FOMM

If you deleted all of the loose files then it should technically work again, though I'm not sure why it even was an issue to begin with unless the game won't read egm files packed into an archive when the hair nif is a loose file.

Maybe there's some way to reboot the game that it would read the files, like archive invalidation (already tried that) or some .ini file manipulations?

egm files are used to fit headgear or hairs to the heads of characters. Since facegen allows to manipulate the shape of the head this can otherwise lead to the issues you've been describing. egm files are practically just a file that have morphs in them, which makes for example the hair match to every shape that can be generated with facegen.

But I don't understand, did you extract all the files into your data folder? Wouldn't the files be extracted to a different location? I'm certain that you didn't delete all of them.

The only way you could 'reboot' it is to delete all loose meshes you have in your data folder, so the game will only read the files from the archive.

But I don't understand, did you extract all the files into your data folder? Wouldn't the files be extracted to a different location? I'm certain that you didn't delete all of them.

The only way you could 'reboot' it is to delete all loose meshes you have in your data folder, so the game will only read the files from the archive.

Took me some time to get to it, but I deleted whole meshes folder today (instead of deleting just the meshes/armor/headgear folder) and everything is back to normal. Thanks for the help.