Skyrim Keeps Crashing When Pressing ESC

dooggie55

I started playing Skyrim this 2020, I started adding mods after a few months of playing. As I add mods, I learned the simple rules about modding Skyrim. It wasn't hard, though it took me a lot of time because of research.

I currently have 77 mods:

*HDT Physics

*VioLens

*XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

*Animated Armoury DAR

*Fuz Ro Doh

*Magic Casting Animations Overhaul

*NetImmerse Override

*OSA

*Pretty Combat Animations

*Pretty Sit Idle

*Realistic Animation Project

*Two-Handed Attack Power Forward DAR

*Pretty Motion

*Arrow Attach Kit

*Dynamic Animation Replacer

*Animation Limit Crash Fix

*FNIS PCEA2

*Female Facial Animation

*Sabretooth idle

*Sofia

*Lucien

*Onean

*Tania The Hermit

*Aurora & Twilight

*Hoth

*Yunsol

*Race Compatibility

*Immersive Patrols

*Immersive World Encounters

*Touring Carriages

*FNIS

*SkyUI and SkyUI-Away

*Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

*Marriage Mod - To Have And To Hold

*Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

*The Eyes Of Beauty

*The Time Lost Dwemer

*DIMONIZED UNP

*Fair Skin Complexion

*Female Shaman

*OSex

*Immersive College Of Winterhold

*JK's Whiterun

*Mandragora's Winterhold Overhaul

*DarkEnd

*Tools Of Kagrenac

*Eilsif replacer - Schwifberg

*Sofia Re-Imagined

*The Ordinary Women

*Dark Brotherhood Shrouded - FafnirEtherion

*Thieves Guild Leader Armor - Jarl Porta

*Ysolda Replacer - overknee

*RSChildren

*Serana Valerica Replacer - RaisonBlack

*Skyrim Configuration Menu

*Better Free Camera

*Easy Wheel Menu

*UIExtensions

*Race Menu

*Assasins Armor - Elianora

*Battlemage Armor - UberSmaug

*Berserk Mule Armor - Gimora

*Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos - Prime

*Colovian Noble Clothes - steelfeathers

*Ebony Valkyrie - comrade1280

*Immersive Weapons - Hothtrooper44

*Kynreeve Armor - Elleh

*Lore Weapon Expansion - InsanitySorrow & Elvarheim

*Lore Friendly Spells - undomir

*Northgirl Armor - anka01

*PeaceKeeper Armour - Billyro & Artsick

*Resplendent Armor and Great Sword - sarcasticshark

*Summon Wolf Queen - zeroternalz

*Mythical Armors - Zerofrost Satyr

*zzjay's wardrobe - zzjay

*Witcher 2 Nifgaardian Mage Outfit - WeslyWalesAnderson

With these mods I have 2 problems with my Skyrim:

*Strange flashing polygons on inventory and journal [https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/369396/?] by TheStrangerPJM

*Crash

So the "strange flashing polygons" happens randomly not much to talk about but this crashing problem happens in different ways. The game crashes when I press Esc or J button. If not, it happens when I open my inventory. If there is no crash, sometimes my game will suddenly stop in the middle of the game[without even going to my journal or my inventory], it sometimes happens in loading screens which my task manager tells me that it's not responding.

I already have gone to youtube and forums from other websites to fix this problem but some of them don't work and the others are just too complicated. At least I tried though. So after trying out the tools and tricks from the community. I reinstalled my Skyrim and my mods, put back some of the mods that I can't live without, and the rest was thrown away.

None of what I did worked and the same thing is still happening to my game. The only option that I could think of is to not run Skyrim Configuration Menu and SkyUI which is highly required for other mods to run, but I don't want that choice. So this is why I need help from you guys.

Edited by dooggie55

Does it also crash when pressing quests journal key or navigating to system tab from there?

Whenever I press that quest journal key or Esc, it crashes. When I go through my inventory there are weird strange flashing polygons that appear everywhere. I showed a link that leads to TheStrangerPJM's screenshot, it shows his inventory with that weird strange flashing polygons but mine is worse, it stretches like heck. That indicates that my game is about to crash. If I'm inside a structure and I try to get out, I sometimes get crashes in the middle of loading screens. Oh and if I don't press Esc or J [the quest button] and just continue playing, my game will suddenly STOP.
I think my problem with the game is the same as TheStrangerPJM. He posted a topic that may be similar to mine.
Link to TheStrangerPJM's topic:
Link to TheStrangerPJM's screenshot:
I also think that my game is crashing because of the load order? If it is the problem, do you have a tool or something that can help me arrange my mods automatically?
Edited by dooggie55

Install crash fixes. If there are other requirements or other recommendations by the author try them too and also try using LOOT to sort your plugins, it will help u alot. I didn't see it first but ur load order is sure not right. You can run loot directly or through mod manager. I recommend using it directly.

Install crash fixes. If there are other requirements or other recommendations by the author try them too and also try using LOOT to sort your plugins, it will help u alot. I didn't see it first but ur load order is sure not right. You can run loot directly or through mod manager. I recommend using it directly.

I tried to use both BOSS and LOOT. The problem with BOSS is that it can't sort out my load order and when I start running LOOT it gives me a messege telling me the error in short, LOOT can't run and I do not know how to fix it.

Edited by dooggie55

Did you try directly? Also you need to have an active internet connection and download masterlist in the loot first before sorting your plugins.

I don't know what you mean by directly. BTW a quick update of my Skyrim. My brother transferred Skyrim in a different hard drive because the other hard drive was nearly full. After Skyrim being transferred. I played it and I noticed that the problems I had in my game were lessened. Whenever I press the Esc or J it will not crash and when I open my inventory it did not crash either. It still crashes though, when I go to a specific place or when I go to the place where I last crashed.
I forgot to mention that the flashing polygons never appeared after the transfer of the game. So I concluded that the problem was the space on the hard drive. What does the space of the hard drive have to with my crashes? I just don't get it.
Edited by dooggie55

Directly = launching loot via its executable or shortcut not through Mod Manager (only if u r using that)

Crashing at specific location could be bad mesh file or bad load order

Free space is required for temporary files and virtual memory and it is good for overall performance of operating system.

Directly = launching loot via its executable or shortcut not through Mod Manager (only if u r using that)

Crashing at specific location could be bad mesh file or bad load order

Free space is required for temporary files and virtual memory and it is good for overall performance of operating system.

Well, that's all I need for... Now. I guess I'm going to fix Skyrim, I'm currently playing Enderal to cool off the heat from this madness. I'll try to do what you've told me to do. It's good talking to you. I hope we can do some normal talk from time to time. It's been a pleasure!

Edited by dooggie55

• 1 year later...