Fallout 76 Modding

darkmast2

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post in but I'm looking to see if I can get some pointers on modding Fallout 76. I have an idea for a mod I want to make, just a little tweak really, but I can't seem to find any guides on how to make mods for Fallout 76. I have some prior experience with some programming, just not modding.

I know Fallout 4 had it's Creation Kit and wondered if Fallout 76 has anything similar? I just can't seem to find any guides at all online, the only thing I can find out how to do is install mods, which I already know how to do.

UI in F76 use SWF files so you would have to extract those files from SeventySix - Interface.ba2. Find file you need, make changes with SWF decompiler/editor and then make ba2 file with it.

btw you can't get ban for using mods... those are only client side. Using cheat engine or other hacks get you banned.

Ok after having a look I think this is probably beyond me at this stage, which is a shame as I thought this would have been simpler than it is, unless I'm mistaken.

I was looking to create a mod, a bit like improved health, that shows an integar value next to the reputation bar so I could see how much points away from full I actually am, instead of just a position on a bar.

• 2 years later...

I've never heard of anyone getting a ban for modding FO76, only for duping or hacking weapons. There are some good mods for the game on NexusMods already.

The mod I want to make is a small ui change.

So are they still using Scaleform although it is super-discontinued by now?

So discontinued in fact that not even Autodesk's farewell-gift, open source code on Github, is available anymore.