Heavy Traffic ×

Game froze but audio continues playing

YoonSF

Hello

I'm new to this forum. I've been having this irritating problem, my game randomly froze, but audio continues playing, when i open task manager, it says Skyrim not responding, i have to end process to close the game.

My crappy pc specs:

Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 Ghz

8GB DDR3 RAM

MSI GTX 660 HAWK 2GB GDDR5 192bit

Thermaltake litepower 500w

Standar Biostar mainboard

HDD 250GB

TCL 24" HDTV

My load order (sorted by LOOT):

Skyrim.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

hdtHighHeel.esm

HeelSound.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

OblivionHairPackAIO.esm

SkyUI.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

NoSpinningDeathAnimation.esp

ModernBrawlBugFix.esp

GuardDialogueOverhaul.esp

BetterVampireFangsAndEyes.esp

AsharaParagonJewelry.esp

IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

ButterflyRobes.esp

FNIS.esp

ChangeSpouseOutfits.esp

XPMSE.esp

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

TKDodge.esp

FNIS_PCEA2.esp

Purewaters.esp

PWwaterfall.esp

RLO-Interiors.esp

RLO-Exteriors.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

FurtherDarkDungeonsforENB.esp

COT-Dungeons.esp

COT-Interiors.esp

COT-NightsLevel.esp

COT-Dawnguard.esp

COT-Dragonborn.esp

PCHeadTracking-MCM.esp

PCHeadTracking-Patch.esp

KSHairdos.esp

KSHHDT.esp

SkyrimParticlePatchForENB.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

ToccataAsElisif.esp

SeductressSerana.esp

SeraphineHunterArmor.esp

GomaArmorEgypt.esp

MageRobes.esp

ForestNymph.esp

HeroesRegina.esp

DeathRobes.esp

BijinNPCs.esp

BijinWarmaidens.esp

BijinWives.esp

DMBDOREclipse.esp

BDORan.esp

XXCleadHH.esp

XXSandrineHH.esp

AtronachForgeFix.esp

ENB Used:

Gameplay Performance ENB

Solutions i have tried:

Playing vanilla game

Reinstalling

Changing default heap allocation to 1024

Messing with enb's videomemorysize

Lower my resolution (default 1920x1080)

All of them didn't work, and i'm pretty sure it wasn't hardware fault because i can play Cities Skylines @1080p which is more demanding than Skyrim, so i'd like to know what causing this, i'm on my wits end.

I forgot to mention i have AMB Parallax terrain (Solstheim included), Skyrim HD Lite version, CBBE and SG Female Texture Renewal, Gemling Queen Jewelry, and other minor mods. I don't think it matters tho.

Your load order is probally not right. It so happens sometimes loot does not sort plugins correctly. In my load order heels sound.esm is above hdthighheel.esm with 10 to 8 plugins in between and skyui.esp is above xpmse.esp and below racemenu.esp and racemenuplugin.esp. but i could be wrong because there are many other plugins in your load order that i don't have, loot must be sorting it according to your plugins list. Also you should try crash fixes. P.S your video card isn't that powerful you should avoid using all the features your enb offers. Also monitor how much ram is being utilized when you are in crowded places. mine crash after 6.5k ram usage and before that it was 4.5k to 5k. Idk what i did right to make it use more ram and blah blah. It is a dumb game and not meant to be played with mods lol

Most probable cause for the freeze is the GPU running out of RAM and being unable to load the textures for the next to be rendered image. It's not a 'freeze' as such, but simply the picture gets stuck at the last image the GPU was able to render. You can try playing in a lower resolution, but that's about it besides getting a beefier GPU with at least 4GB of V-RAM, preferably 8GB.

Did you try disabling

Detailed shadows or use the lowest preset possible since it is the only way to fix the weird a$$ shadow bug on character and npcs

Adaptation

Image based lighting

Subsurface scattering

Cloud shadows

Particle lights

Soft particles

Did you disable the skyrim's antialiasing already? since now you are using enb's AA and also what preset of settings is being used in skyrim's native launcher option section? It is ultra, high or mixed?

And don't worry about your GPU it is going to perform good as long as you avoid labouring the shlt outta it.

I have tried playing at 1366x768, no luck.

Detailed Shadow on low and several other effects as well, i disabled AA and AF in both NVIDIA CP and Skyrim Launcher. Everything on ultra except shadow and distant object detail, and i uncheck object detail fade.

That enb of yours uses old binaries just in case you didn't know. Perhaps removing it might help u to solve your problem just try it once or you could also try to enabling this effect in enb "useoriginalobjectprocessing" and disable all other effects except shadows however it may render wonky reflections on water but it will give u more fps gain and most of all making the enb less taxing on your GPU. Or you can just completely disable all the effects of enb by unchecking the "use effects" or something option. ENBs are actually better to be used with GPUs having atleast 3gb memory or else it is a flop show. Something barely hanging on thread. And do sort your load order once more i don't think it is in right order. Change order of some plugins manually first and then sort it with loot. Do it few times, sometimes it just doesn't work once. Silly but can i ask you one thing? How often does this error happen or it just happened once?