Game froze but audio continues playing

YoonSF

970 is better, it is comparable to 1060. But i am no expert, i can be wrong too. How much fps you get with your current card in skyrim? Do you also crash in small empty cell where there is no presence of npcs or has little or less lighting effects such as fire or direct lighting coming from windows or holes in caves. Do you enb boost installed? Your settings under memory section of enblocal.ini should be like this:

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

VideoMemorySizeMb=1920

Do you also happen to have many animations installed, some being frequently used by PC or NPCs? Then you should install srtcrashfix.dll it fixes a lot of bugs with FNIS.

In interior i got around 60 fps, drops to 40 ish when looking directly at light source, crowded area around 30 fps, especially in Riften!, 40 fps around foliage or heavy forest.

My settings:

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

VideoMemorySizeMb=5622 (I follow the instruction from S.T.E.P page).

I have FNIS PCEA, XPMSE, i don't install animation for npcs.

You just had to buy a new card and the whole universe was pushing you to do this lol. Great to know you gotta new card now, is that 4gb one?

Do you happen to monitor ram usage? How much ram gets used untill you crash? I don't think we are going to fix your problem unless you do a fresh install of Skyrim without mods or without half of its holds lol jk.

Do you use any mod manager?

Do you keep other softwares or application running in the background when playing skyrim.

Rlo and Cot can be real taxing on the computer hardware sometimes and with an enb skyrim will eat up your resources like hell. Also whole lot of things depend on your setup and hardware condition.

You can also try safetyload, it helps.

It can aslo be a bad save file, try fallrim tools to clean skyrim's save file.

Bought the 2Gb one, the 4gb 960 performs slower than, i plan to buy a 970 soon and a cpu upgrade.

Didn't have any ram issues so far, i just did a clean reinstall and hope this problem gets fixed. I use NMM, i'm not familiar with vortex.

Fraps running in the background tho, i tried heavier enbs as well, minor fps issue.

Safety load worked for a few minutes lol.. guess i have to buy a new pc with decent specification.

If you're playing LE limited ram usage (3-4gb) can cause crashes although there is a fix for it but it is still going to crash at some point like in my case when ram usage is beyond 6.5gb skyrim most likely crashes but it rarely goes beyond 6.5gb.

Yes current gen machine will give u lotta benefits but it is also funny to know that a 10 years old game is making u consider to buy a new pc lol.

Good luck