Forsworn wear Fur Armor

Deleted39534995User

I looked all over and couldnt find a mod that did this but if one exists PLEASE give me a slap and send me to specsavers.

As the title says I am looking for a mod that makes the forsworn wear Fur Armor instead of their usual attire. With skyrims cold climate I have always felt that the Forsworn would likely freeze to death given how little they wear. Fur armor would be much better and would still give them that rough wild look they need, Their hood with the antlers is about the only piece they have that look any way warm so that is fine but the rest needs to be changed in my opinion.

And so I am asking if anyone would like to take on this little project. I would do it myself but my modding talents are VERY limited.

• 2 months later...

I have loooong wanted a mod that changed their clothes as well. Even if it's not snowy in the Reach, the minimal coverage they have has always seemed unrealistic. Fur armor, or maybe some brown robes for the spell casters?

I know very little of modding, but I'm wondering if one could simply duplicate the meshes and textures for fur armor and then rename them to match the forsworn clothing file names and just switch them out? I may have to try this. I'll try to post back here if I do manage it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was about to take on this mission for you guys but I found this. Seems to take care of what youre talking about.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7617

Awesome! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I have been poking around in the creation kit and had begun attempting making a mod by changing the default outfit under each of the forsworn templates, however the mod you mentioned here is nice in that it's still a unique style, just warmer looking.

If anyone happens upon this thread looking to customize their forsworn, this is what I've learned so far for doing it yourself:

-Open creation kit, click save and make a name for the esp you'll be making, load skyrim.esm update.esm and your esp with that last as the active file.

-Find the Actor section (in the vertical white window) click on it and scroll through the list that comes up to the right till you find EncForsworn01TemplateMagic EncForsworn01TemplateMelee EncForsworn01TemplateMissile and so forth. There are a lot of other EncForsworn01________ entries but those are individual actors that use the templates so changing the templates will change all of them without you having to open each one.

- Doubleclick on one and under the inventory tab you'll see Default Outfit with a drop down menu below it from which you can select any of the pre-made sets such as HunterOutfit04 (one of the fur armors) and click OK. That will then apply that outfit to any of the forsworn characters who are set to use that template. There are a lot of those templates- the mage, melee, and missile each for EncForsworn01____ through EncForsworn06____. There are also forsworn boss templates but those are the briarhearts with their birarheart skin set as their outfit. Because there are so many, you can potentially add more variety by giving different template groups different outfits instead of all the one same forsworn armor they normally use.

- To make up your own custom outfit for them, go to Items (in the same menu where you selected Actor) and look down at the bottom under it you'll see Outfit. When you click that a new list will show next to it with all the default outfits you can choose from.

- Rightclick on any of them and you'll get the option to make a new one.

- Give it a name and leave that window open while you switch to the Armor list (at the top of the Items section)

- drag and drop each armor item you want in the outfit from that list to the empty box. Click OK when you're done and don't forget to save.

- To find out what some of the armor entries are you can look at the little number that pops up when you hover over it and find that console code on the uesp site - useful for things like Farmboots01 and vague descriptions like that.

- Once you've made your new outfit, go back to the templates like described above and select your outfit from the drop down menu.

It's tedious work as the menus scroll very slowly with sooooo many entries, some of which are not named very intuitively. But, there you go... if anyone wants to do this for themselves.