An odd DR Issue

Cruor34

I have made a mod that adds DR (Damage Resist) to Armors and enemies. For example, 20 DR to Super Mutants and Deathclaws, Robots got more DT and added DR, etc. Anyway, I have noticed an odd issue. Whatever amount of DR I put on in Actor Effects is doubled in game. Example: If I add 20 DR, that SHOULD make a weapon that does 100 damage do 80. However, it actually hits for 60. 15 Causes it to hit for 70 instead of 85, ETC. Now, this isn't such a huge issue, because I just use half the DR I want and boom, problem solved. Also, DR on armor pieces works just as it should, it's only an issue under "actor effects" (like adding it to Super Mutant DT) Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what could be the cause?

Deathclaws, Bots and Supermutants already have DT (not DR) in the vanilla game.

Bots vary, but Super Mutants and Deathclaws generally have 15.

There's also a bug in the vanilla game that causes DR to be calculated before DT in the damage Formula, so you might not be getting the damage you'd expect. (This is fixed by the JIP LN NVSE plugin.)

Edited by Radioactivelad

Deathclaws, Bots and Supermutants already have DT (not DR) in the vanilla game.

Bots vary, but Super Mutants and Deathclaws generally have 15.

There's also a bug in the vanilla game that causes DR to be calculated before DT in the damage Formula, so you might not be getting the damage you'd expect. (This is fixed by the JIP LN NVSE plugin.)

I'm aware they have DT. I added DR as well. No, because I have JIP LN, and I did a test with no DT, just DR. I'm getting the exact effect I specified, DR is working EXACTLY as double in actor effects for me. Again, as an example, if I give a Super Mutant 20 DR, a 100 damage weapon does 60. If I give him 10, it does 80, so on and so on. I have accounted for BodyPartData and DT. I have tested with multiple weapons, on multiple NPC types that I added DR (again, that's DR, as in damage resistance, not DT, Damage Threshold) I always get the same result: DR is doing 2X what it should, again, only when used in "Actor effects" it seems to work properly when added to armor.

My conclusion is : 1) DR is bugged and does double what it says when used in actor effects. 2) A mod I always use (I already checked and turned off other mods) just as some stability fix is doing it. Again... this is not a huge issue, as I simply set half the DR I actually want... if I want an enemy to have 30 DR, I give him 15. I simply want to understand WHY this is happening.