Heavy Traffic ×

Antiques and Wartime workhorses

ColdFrontST

Now we all love guns, that's no lie! But i have noticed that there is a lack of older guns that would fit perfectly into the fallout universe, Gun from WWII, WWI and older would all be laying about among the ruins well, because Boston. The MG42 and its main variants have been made but what about the other well known LMGs from the era. The Chauchat and it's variants, the Bren Gun, the Luis Gun, and the over complicated Breda Modello 30, and the famous Browning M1919. While of coarse the present has SO MANY guns for us to play with in the wastelands, after a while it all seems the same being that most guns are all copies of something else. we can look back and get new ideas from old forgotten wartime workhorses and even some of the more well known ones.

as for antiques. Fallout 76 has it's black powder weapons, but i've always felt those could be implemented far better then they have been.

now WWII was the turning point when the world's militarizes started to move away from manual bolt action rifles pushing them into marksman roles but they are just as important as the many semi auto rifles that quickly emerged

The Japanese Arisaka rifle

the American Springfield M1903A3

The Italian Carcano

the French Mas 36

all of these rifles have had some serious screen time in Movies, and games. With countless variations and patterns it would be easy to craft unique customization for these rifles in the fallout universe. They would add that need for skill back into the ranged sniping that today's technology have taken by giving the shooter everything he needs to make that perfect shot.

in the antiques category the Rolling Block Rifle, a Coach gun style shotgun, Spencer Carbine, and the Martini Henry rifle would make an old school addition to any Player's western feel as they pair nice with the selections of revolvers and lever guns that have already been made.

BONUS

yesterday was my birthday so I'm going to mention two more recent weapons

​the Belgian FN 2000 with its iconic bulky bull pup design that has been featured in MANY recent games would make an great piece of hardware to add to that P90 and FiveseveN you may be stealthing around with

the All American 180 ian from Forgotten weapons did a small video about this gun. And I believe this pan fed .22 plinker was also in New Vagas

Edited by ColdFrontST

Having logged several thousand hours in FO4 on both council and PC i have always thought that fallout always had a real lack of SMGs

WWII saw the abilities of the SMG in true form as they where issued to tankers, air crews, navies, and rear line troops. Compact, and packing more firepower then the normally issued pistol the SMG is a perfect in between from a carbine and a pistol.

the British: Sten gun, Stirling, and Lanchester

The Italian: Baretta M1918, and Baretta Modello 38

The German: MP 18

The Finish: Suomi KP/-31

And Finally the Japanese: Type 100

Small caliber rapid fire was seen to be more effective at protection then a pistol at long range.

BONUS 4TH OF JULY

with the emergence of heavy armor on tanks most Anti Tank rifles where scrapped for shoulder Launched Shaped charges, THREE of these launchers are VERY well known to every one.

The American: Bazooka and Super Bazooka

And the German: Panzershreck

I figured that without Fireworks aloud in most of the USA at the time, i might as well mention three Explosive options to melt and destroy the commonwealth with